Portsmouth, VA

Churchland Academy Elementary 3

Posted April 23, 2014
My son will be transitioning from another school to Churcland Academy Elementary and I expect that any teacher my child has will have an agenda to focus on the best interest of all of his/her students. I expect the teachers to be motivating, and able to help encourage their students to use their talents and intelligence. At no time will I tolerate my child being put down or discouraged. I expect my childs teachers and Principal to be willing to communicate with me because it's my responsibility to ask questions so that I have an idea of how my child is performing and what I can do to promote academic growth. I am the parent that knows all of the children are excellent and have the potential to excel with the right tools and the right instruction and support. I am looking forward and expect an exeption school year 2014. Let's see if my rating increases...it's all up to you Churchland Academy Elementary Instructors and Administrators.

Posted February 10, 2014
I have had continuous issues with this school, and I am so saddened by the teachers every year. My daughter was able to attend Western Branch Intermediate for a year, and loved it. We had to move and was zoned for CAE again, I am considering private school at this point. The back and forth, with the administration and teachers, the lack of communication, no one ever knows whats going on. I guess if you are looking for quality education this isn't going to be your cup of tea, but if you just want a babysitter while you are at work by all means enroll today!

Churchland Academy Elementary 4

Posted July 09, 2010
Both of my children attended this school on a zone change waiver. We love this school. They have a lot of extra activities for kids that the other school don't have, like, band and choir. They provide after school tutoring for those that need it. My daughter took a field trip to DC this year. The school and its staff are excellent. I read all the comments posted here and the school that they are talking about back in 2006, is just not the same school. There have been so many positive changes in this school, and my children have been loving it for the past 2 years!

Churchland Academy Elementary 0

Posted March 25, 2010
I have two children who currently attend Churchland Academy Elementary School and I must say I am very pleased. The teachers are very supportive, outgoing and are definately team players. I recommend this school to anyone. Both of my children love the staff.

Posted August 11, 2009

Posted June 08, 2007

Posted May 18, 2007

Churchland Academy Elementary
4061 River Shore Rd, Portsmouth, VA  23703
Last modified Churchland Academy Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Churchland Academy Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top