PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Excellent school ... academically and socially. My child is challenged and loves to go to school. I can't ask for anything else ...

We love Portsmouth Catholic Regional School. We've been there for 7 years now. Started in their Pre-k program and we will stay through 8th grade. The family environment is great, but the learning environment is so much better. Technology is integrated into every lesson through use of Smartboards in every classroom. There is Art, Technology, Physical Education, Science, Religion, Spanish, Reading, Writing, Word Study, Social Studies and Math. Every grade, including the Pre-k 3 and 4 programs experience every class. There is no teaching to the test at PCRS. At PCRS, your student is taught to their individual needs. Yes, we are a Catholic school, but ALL faiths are eligible for enrollment and ALL faiths pay the same tuition rate. If you are in Suffolk, Western Branch or Portsmouth and want a great school. I recommend coming to check out PCRS. You won't be disappointed! Tours are given year round.

This is a school that cares about academics and the students. Both our sons have had challenges and the staff has done a lot to help us work through them. They also helped identify where the public school had services we could apply to get. The curriculum is challenging to each grade level and they added a course this year for advanced math students in 6th grade (7th and 8th grade classes were too small to differentiate). They have SMART boards in all classes and the technology lab is first rate. They make non-Catholics feel welcome. They encourage parent involvement in the class, in the PTA and other orgs, at mass, and school activities where it isn't disruptive to the curriculum.

I am so happy with my kindergartener's progress in this full day school that has K-8 all in one location! I loved the small school friendliness and class sizes but there were so many surprises for me this year, like the SMART Boards in every room, a technology room full of new mac computers, Spanish classes starting in K, a Buddy system that paired my daughter with an Eighth grader who helps her read books and says hi to her in the hallway! My daughter always points her out to me and I can tell she has a roll model who inspires her :) The parents are very involved and being allowed to visit my daughter's class anytime and volunteer is such a breath of fresh air from the lock-down-and-teach-to-a-test environment of a public school. I am so happy she is learning in a very dynamic environment that welcomes all spirituallity!

I agree with the previous post! My students have been at PCRS for several years now and I am very pleased with their growth and knowledge in all subject areas. This school has a family like atmosphere that is very welcoming! This begins with the office staff and continues in each classroom! I love seeing that the teachers do not only know the children in their class but they know many of the students who are in the whole school. Thank you PCRS faculty for all that you do for our children!

Great school, wonderful and loving staff!

Last modified Portsmouth Catholic Regional School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8