Portsmouth, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 03, 2014
Excellent school ... academically and socially. My child is challenged and loves to go to school. I can't ask for anything else ...

Posted February 16, 2014
We love Portsmouth Catholic Regional School. We've been there for 7 years now. Started in their Pre-k program and we will stay through 8th grade. The family environment is great, but the learning environment is so much better. Technology is integrated into every lesson through use of Smartboards in every classroom. There is Art, Technology, Physical Education, Science, Religion, Spanish, Reading, Writing, Word Study, Social Studies and Math. Every grade, including the Pre-k 3 and 4 programs experience every class. There is no teaching to the test at PCRS. At PCRS, your student is taught to their individual needs. Yes, we are a Catholic school, but ALL faiths are eligible for enrollment and ALL faiths pay the same tuition rate. If you are in Suffolk, Western Branch or Portsmouth and want a great school. I recommend coming to check out PCRS. You won't be disappointed! Tours are given year round.

Posted January 05, 2012
This is a school that cares about academics and the students. Both our sons have had challenges and the staff has done a lot to help us work through them. They also helped identify where the public school had services we could apply to get. The curriculum is challenging to each grade level and they added a course this year for advanced math students in 6th grade (7th and 8th grade classes were too small to differentiate). They have SMART boards in all classes and the technology lab is first rate. They make non-Catholics feel welcome. They encourage parent involvement in the class, in the PTA and other orgs, at mass, and school activities where it isn't disruptive to the curriculum.

Posted March 17, 2010
I am so happy with my kindergartener's progress in this full day school that has K-8 all in one location! I loved the small school friendliness and class sizes but there were so many surprises for me this year, like the SMART Boards in every room, a technology room full of new mac computers, Spanish classes starting in K, a Buddy system that paired my daughter with an Eighth grader who helps her read books and says hi to her in the hallway! My daughter always points her out to me and I can tell she has a roll model who inspires her :) The parents are very involved and being allowed to visit my daughter's class anytime and volunteer is such a breath of fresh air from the lock-down-and-teach-to-a-test environment of a public school. I am so happy she is learning in a very dynamic environment that welcomes all spirituallity!

Portsmouth Catholic Regional School 3

Posted January 20, 2010

Posted January 08, 2010
I agree with the previous post! My students have been at PCRS for several years now and I am very pleased with their growth and knowledge in all subject areas. This school has a family like atmosphere that is very welcoming! This begins with the office staff and continues in each classroom! I love seeing that the teachers do not only know the children in their class but they know many of the students who are in the whole school. Thank you PCRS faculty for all that you do for our children!

Portsmouth Catholic Regional School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
Great school, wonderful and loving staff!

Portsmouth Catholic Regional School 3

Posted May 28, 2009

Portsmouth Catholic Regional School 1

Posted April 20, 2009

Posted June 06, 2006
This is a tremendous school! Class sizes are small. Faculty are superb. Academics are first rate & rigorous. Any special needs of the individual child are supported while maintaining the overall high academic standards. Close knit family atmosphere is prevalent. Family volunteer hours are required. This facilitates the family atmosphere and excellant communiction between parents, administrators, faculty and school board. High amount of parent involvement is prevalent & welcomed. A regional Catholic school of the Richmond diocese, Portsmouth Catholic reflects its identity and provides a strong spiritual as well as academic environment for the child. Non-catholics as well feel comfortable & welcome in the environment. This review is based upon 3 years experience with the school. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone. Should we be stationed in the area again we will return to this school.

Portsmouth Catholic Regional School
2301 Oregon Avenue, Portsmouth, VA  23701
Last modified Portsmouth Catholic Regional School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Portsmouth Catholic Regional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top