PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

My children have been attending PCS elementary school for the last 3 years . We are extremely pleased for the education, teachers, and friendly staff this school provides. Our children have flourished academically since they started. We would highly recommend this school.

I am a parent of a student that attends Portsmouth Christian School in the middle school. I have been very pleased with how he transitioned from the elementary to the middle school. He is able to receive a great education in all subjects. His teachers go above and beyond to help in any way he needs. His math teacher is always there if he needs a little extra help. His Bible and Science teacher is very encouraging. His English teacher is very knowledgeable and takes him step by step in writing research papers which will be very helpful when preparing and going to college. His History teacher is very informative and makes History "FUN". My son is not very athletic, so PE is not his thing, but the teacher is very encouraging no matter how "athletic" the student is. The middle/high school Academic Advisor is very helpful in any situation you may need her help with. In all the entire staff including his former teachers, administration, office staff and support staff are very supportive to all of the students.

Portsmouth Christian School is a GREAT school. My children have attended PCS since K4. They have loved all of their teachers. They are involved in many programs such as Can-Do, Art club, football and many more. I am looking for war to them graduating from Portsmouth Christian School.

This is not the school for a student who wishes to go to college. The Bible-based learning of the elementary school becomes an irrational Bible-clinging in the upper school, complete with salvation threats and fear-based xenophobic comments from teachers. Textbooks are from Bob Jones University. Not the school for anyone who is not fundamentalist Christian. Not for the open-minded. Not for those interested in STEM programs either.

I have two children who attended Portsmouth Christian School. I found it to be a wonderful environment both academically and spiritually. I would highly recommend this school

Both of my children attended Portsmouth Christian School. The staff there is friendly and welcoming. My children received an excellent education and were well prepared for college. In addition, they were challenged to be devoted followers of Christ. Opportunities to serve and love others were offered as part of their education. You will be pleased with this school- its history speaks for itself.

This school is appropriate for kindergarten- age children ONLY. The Kindergarten teachers are wonderful. However, once the kids get to middle school and high school, it is a complete joke. They teach out of old textbooks and have free reign to belittle and demean the students - from the administration to office staff. If your kids are independent thinkers, this is not the school for them. They only want children that are conformists. Don't waste your money here, I did for way too long and am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

I graduated from PCS in 2012. I went there for 12 years. It was an amazing experience. It was like you were part of a big family that cared so much about you. There was a dress code but you get used to it and it makes picking an outfit way easier. If you follow the rules (which are pretty easy to follow) you won't have a problem. I always talked about how I couldn't wait to graduate- as we all couldn't. Now I miss it. The teachers and faculty were like parents to you. They helped us, taught us, punished us and really loved us! It is an old school with an old fashioned school board that believes in teaching their students respect, honor, responsibility, how to be a rounded person, and how to live your life for God. People think Christian schools have perfect people there. Well they are wrong. It is a high school where there are still kids who may not believe in God. There are kids who drink and do drugs just like there are in every single school in America. Just because people are Christians does not make them perfect. And just because you go to a Christian school does not make you a Christian. I went to PCS for 12 years. I not only made best friends, I became part of a family.

I had my child here in K and she she had Mrs. G. We no longer go to this school and will never attend it. I am finding out from my child after the fact that this teacher would get in her face and tell my child to look into her eyes and not blink. Well, the teacher was so close to my child's face and trying to get away from the teacher face backed his head into the wall. This teacher should be ashamed of herself. I did see some signs that my child did not want to keep attending this school, but thought this was one of the best schools. Maybe on an educational level, but no child should ever, ever be treated like this. You know what you did and again, shame on you!

My son has been going to this school since 4th grade and is now a junior in high school. HE LOVES HIS SCHOOL. This school is not perfect in that it does look a little old and does not have all the resources that some other schools may have. HOWEVER, it DOES NOT LACK in the way the teachers nurture, educate and guide the students to be productive members of society. I am not an overly religious person and have given my son the option of going to more hip, fancy private schools, and closer to home schools (we commute 25 miles each way for him to attend this school), but he will have none of it. This school is strict about dress codes and conduct in the class rooms...AND THIS IS A GOOD THING! You want your child to have the opportunity to learn without distractions AND to LEARN RESPONSIBILITY. DISCIPLINE IS NOT A BAD THING FOLKS, I have read some of the reviews where parents complain of the students getting marked for not bringing their school supplies, or talking??? Come on....is that what you want your children to learn? Lack of responsibility?? This school teaches about God, keeps the children in a secure, loving, caring, and VERY SUPPORTIVE environment.

Last modified Portsmouth Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12