Portsmouth Christian School 3

Posted August 15, 2014
Un pato camino hacia un puesto de limonada, Y le pregunto al hombre que estaba ahi:Oye, tienes uvas? El hombre dijo, No solo vendemos limonada. Esta fria fresca y Ed totalmente hecha en casa. The vendo un yaso? El pato dijo, paso. Y luego se fue hasta que el siguiente dia. Cyan do el pato camino hacia el puesto de limonada y le pregunto al hombre que estaba ahi: Oye, tienes uvas? El hombre dijo, No como te dije ayer,solo vendemos limonada esta bien? Por que no la pruebas? Hasta luego, Y luego se fue Y luego se fue Y luego se fue hasta que el siguiente dia. Cuando el pato camino hacia el puesto de limonada y le pregunto al hombre que estaba ahi, Oye, tienes uvas? El hombre dijo Mira, Estonia se esta poniendo aburrido limonada Ed lo unico que vendemos aqui. Porqueno no compras un vaso y the vas? El pato dijo que tal no. Y luego se fue hasta que el siguiente dia. Asi que fueron caminando hacia la tuenda el hombre compromise unas uvas le duo una al pato y el pato dijo... No gracias, pero sabes que seria bueno? Crees que esta tienda tiene limonada? Y luego se fue Y luego se fue Y luego se fue...

Posted August 05, 2014
I have two children who attended Portsmouth Christian School. I found it to be a wonderful environment both academically and spiritually. I would highly recommend this school

Posted August 05, 2014
Both of my children attended Portsmouth Christian School. The staff there is friendly and welcoming. My children received an excellent education and were well prepared for college. In addition, they were challenged to be devoted followers of Christ. Opportunities to serve and love others were offered as part of their education. You will be pleased with this school- its history speaks for itself.

Posted August 05, 2014
My son has attended PCS since K4 he is now entering the fourth grade. The teachers have been wonderful throughout all of the years he has been there. I believe he receives the utmost education. He loves writing and reading. He continues to excel in math and science. He also enjoys learning about the Bible. I feel fortunate to be able to send him here where the values of being a good friend and respecting others are one of the priority's that are taught. The principals and administrators are willing to help with any issue you may have. I highly recommend this school if you would like your child to be well equipped for the future in both education and life values.

Portsmouth Christian School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
This school is appropriate for kindergarten- age children ONLY. The Kindergarten teachers are wonderful. However, once the kids get to middle school and high school, it is a complete joke. They teach out of old textbooks and have free reign to belittle and demean the students - from the administration to office staff. If your kids are independent thinkers, this is not the school for them. They only want children that are conformists. Don't waste your money here, I did for way too long and am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

Posted March 26, 2014
I graduated from PCS in 2012. I went there for 12 years. It was an amazing experience. It was like you were part of a big family that cared so much about you. There was a dress code but you get used to it and it makes picking an outfit way easier. If you follow the rules (which are pretty easy to follow) you won't have a problem. I always talked about how I couldn't wait to graduate- as we all couldn't. Now I miss it. The teachers and faculty were like parents to you. They helped us, taught us, punished us and really loved us! It is an old school with an old fashioned school board that believes in teaching their students respect, honor, responsibility, how to be a rounded person, and how to live your life for God. People think Christian schools have perfect people there. Well they are wrong. It is a high school where there are still kids who may not believe in God. There are kids who drink and do drugs just like there are in every single school in America. Just because people are Christians does not make them perfect. And just because you go to a Christian school does not make you a Christian. I went to PCS for 12 years. I not only made best friends, I became part of a family.

Portsmouth Christian School 2

Posted July 23, 2012
I had my child here in K and she she had Mrs. G. We no longer go to this school and will never attend it. I am finding out from my child after the fact that this teacher would get in her face and tell my child to look into her eyes and not blink. Well, the teacher was so close to my child's face and trying to get away from the teacher face backed his head into the wall. This teacher should be ashamed of herself. I did see some signs that my child did not want to keep attending this school, but thought this was one of the best schools. Maybe on an educational level, but no child should ever, ever be treated like this. You know what you did and again, shame on you!

Posted June 18, 2012
My son has been going to this school since 4th grade and is now a junior in high school. HE LOVES HIS SCHOOL. This school is not perfect in that it does look a little old and does not have all the resources that some other schools may have. HOWEVER, it DOES NOT LACK in the way the teachers nurture, educate and guide the students to be productive members of society. I am not an overly religious person and have given my son the option of going to more hip, fancy private schools, and closer to home schools (we commute 25 miles each way for him to attend this school), but he will have none of it. This school is strict about dress codes and conduct in the class rooms...AND THIS IS A GOOD THING! You want your child to have the opportunity to learn without distractions AND to LEARN RESPONSIBILITY. DISCIPLINE IS NOT A BAD THING FOLKS, I have read some of the reviews where parents complain of the students getting marked for not bringing their school supplies, or talking??? Come on....is that what you want your children to learn? Lack of responsibility?? This school teaches about God, keeps the children in a secure, loving, caring, and VERY SUPPORTIVE environment.

Portsmouth Christian School 3

Posted December 17, 2011
My Son is going to this school this year. So far he really likes it, but my son is like a sponge and when I ask him what he learned today, he only tells me a story about Jesus. As I love Christ and the history of our fathers, I want him to also learn math and English. Things that will help him in future years of everyday life. I am a stay at home mom, so I would be willing to help an any of my child's activities at school. I find myself wanting to go inside all the time, but feel that I am shut out. It could be just me, but It feels like it is not parent friendly. One other thing that bothers me, is when it is cold outside the kids stay in and watch movies (I assume they have to do with class activities) but then my son came home and told me he watched 3 movies yesterday????

Posted June 25, 2010
My son loves this school!! I love that they are teaching him in a safe, loving environment. Christian values are important to our family and I like that what we teach at home is reinforced in the school. This was my son's first year and he had Mrs. Rheuark and she did a wonderful job. Thanks and have a great summer!!

Portsmouth Christian School
3214 Elliott Avenue, Portsmouth, VA  23702
Last modified Portsmouth Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Portsmouth Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.