PK-6|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to CCA. We've been around a very long time but are a brand new school in our curriculum and teaching methods. We teach critical thinking through a Literature based curriculum while implementing parts of the Abeka-phonics program. Our students complete their classwork on computers everyday. We pride ourselves in our small class sizes and individual attention. Come visit us any time.
July 02, 2010

Bad
Good

Excellent environment! Exceptional teachers! Great families. Affordable. Children can't wait to go and never want to leave.

What a wonderful school! We looked at many other Christian schools in the area, and this one was exactly what we were looking for. The teachers are great and I'm so impressed with what my child is learning and how the teachers are able to integrate it all. Most other Christian schools we looked at don't do that or they use really old-fashioned curriculum. It's a warm, inviting, happy place to learn!

This school is fantastic! Our little girl will be beginning her second year at Central, and we couldn't be happier. The teachers are wonderful - everybody knows her! The atmosphere is so friendly. The teachers and administration really go out of their way to show love to each and every student. We love this school because we know that the teachers are extremely well qualified - they all have degrees (many with masters!) in education, which is unheard-of at private schools, and they all have lots of experience! When I've peeked into her classroom during the day she is always engaged in a hands-on activity - no silly workbooks or pages upon pages of worksheets for these kiddos. They also just got smartboards for many of the classrooms and the kids are getting kindle fires, too. Check out their media center! Well stocked, kids get time daily, and adorable! Every time I have ever had a question about anything, the extremely friendly and informative receptionist or principal have taken time away from their busy schedules to respond quickly. Definitely check out CCA if you're looking for a great school that will feed your child spiritually and go above and beyond academically!

Our daughter has been a student at Central Christian Academy for the last two years. We feel so blessed to be part of such an amazing school. The staff is friendly and truly cares about the students AND their families. They utilize state of the art technology to ensure your child receives an education that is of the highest standard. Their Christian values are exemplary and they consistently practice what they teach. We have been so impressed with the expectation that parents be involved in their child's education. CCA holds several activities throughout the school year so parents can be involved and see the progress their child is making. CCA makes it convenient for working parents by offering before and after school care. They also offer a camp during the summer months filled with fun activities. If you are looking for a quality Christian education we highly recommend that you look into CCA.

Please do not waste your money or your child education with this school. This school has a huge turnover every year. The principal is very rude and unprofessional. On several occassion I have passed this lady in the office, in the halls or just anywhere on the school grounds. She would not even part to say hello.. just a fake smile. One day I was in the office and she was in a meeting with a student parents, she was so loud and irate that the pastor had to inetervene. If you have a child in this school... Please Please questioned your child about their and have them tested on a regular with a learning center. A Poor quality of education.

Worth every penny!! My son has always done excellent in school but was never really enthusiastic about doing the work. He has attened both public and private schools(including CCA a few years ago) and always made honor roll. Last year was the best school year we ever had. The students are taught how to problem solve not just to memorize the answers. They have fun while learning!! The principal is very involved and addresses problems to make for a positive environment. CCA guides families to have strength in God and church!

Don't waste your money! The school has received a "face lift" but the staff leaves alot to be desired as well as the new principal. My child came home in tears daily because her teacher 'yells' at them everyday. I spoke to other parents and they have informed me their children have told them the same thing. The principal has no compassion and seems to have a hard heart! Very sad. This is suppose to be a christian school but you are told if you do not go to church your child may not be able to attend the school. I thought christians were to reach out to the unsaved. The curriculmn is based on SOL's not what I want for my child. Very disappointed in the school.

My child has been at CCA 4 years and loves going each day! She was reading books in Kindergarten and already above grade level. The Wilson Fundations curriculum is amazing! I never worry because I know the teachers and staff take the best care of her. It's great that they offer a summer camp through the summer that helps keep them on a routine and in a familiar environment. I love CCA!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted July 02, 2010

Both of my chldren attended this school from K4 through 8th grade and it prepared them academically, socially, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually for their next level of education. The great teacher to student ratio gave them special attention and the variety of activities for a small school is wonderful. Watching children blossom in this small school environment is truly amazing! From plays to sports to speech and spelling meets, this school offers a variety of experiences for each child. If you have a concern, bring it to the teacher or admininistration and they will listen and do their best to meet your expectations. It has truly been a blessing to the Portsmouth community for 31 years!

Last modified Central Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6