Portsmouth, VA

Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center 4

Posted August 02, 2009
I have two children who attend this school. My oldest has just finished kindergarten and his academic test scores were great! He has learned much and his confidence level is so high because of the quality of teaching and the encouraging atmosphere. As with any school, you have to partner with the teachers in educating your children. If you do this at JSEEC, your child is sure to have a great educational expereience. P.S. Going into our third year at this school, the lunch menu has plenty of variety, it offers fruits and vegetables too, my kids have no complaints!

Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center 4

Posted July 21, 2005
My child has been attending this school since the age of 2. I have seen a tremendous improvement in his behavior and his learning. The school does have some organization issues, but they have come a long way compared to 4 years ago. They do need more qualified teachers, activities, and field trips. The kids don't eat beans and franks every day. The menu does consist of different items, but the only problem is those items are offered every week. I believe Friday is the only day they swich up. Overall as far as the environment and learning, I think it is a great school. They just need someone to come in with the motivation, experience, and authority to get the school organized on the level of other Christian Schools. Maybe the new Principal will have what it takes to get this school where it should be.

Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center 5

Posted April 16, 2005
This school is wonderful! The two parents who mentioned something about the leadership and the kids eating beans & franks made those things up. My child learned a lot there and I wish that I could have kept there.

Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center 2

Posted June 07, 2004
I was disapointed at the quality of leadership at this school. It was very unorganized.

Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center 1

Posted April 19, 2004
The learning process is wonderful. However, the students are not fed correct, most days beans and franks. If you are a few days late on payment, they are standing outside sending kids home, crying and embrassed. I would not recommand this school to anyone.

Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center
205 Gust Lane, Portsmouth, VA  23701
Last modified Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Joyous Sound Education & Enrichment Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top