Potomac Falls, VA
Students enrolled: 1,520

Potomac Falls High School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 22, 2015
It is the county's grading policy that is unfair. Some students are not good test takers.

Potomac Falls High School 3

Posted May 22, 2015
Loudoun County has terrible grading policy- 90% tests/quizzes and 10% homework- basically discourages kids from doing homework and essays because only 10% of their grade. Honors English class had 5 page essay due and 2 kids turned it in- my child was one of those. A 5 page essay should be a test grade not homework grade. Teacher blew up at class over it. One bad test or quiz can bomb your grade. Pop quizzes are killers on grades and seem unfair to me if they are 90% of grade. HOWEVER you can retake tests 2 times if you want depending on teacher in first semester. Second semester retakes depend on class. This is not teaching our kids how things are done in real life. Secondly it is called "Pot Falls" for a reason. Lots of drugs here unfortunately. Daughter is not challenged very much in course work, pretty easy to maintain a 3.75 or above GPA. Administration is terrible to work with. The are rude. Counselors are a joke and not helpful. Study hall is a joke. Kids sing, dance, are on their phones, get into fights in hallway- it is not enforced as a study hall at all. Very disappointing school over all. Daughter has attended 9 schools in life time and this one ranks at the bottom. Had I known this at the beginning of our move, we would have moved to Fairfax County instead.

Potomac Falls High School 1

Posted May 20, 2015
Potomac falls is a terrible school... The administration is rude and unorganized and the teachers are either mean or they ignore the class. Many of them fail to update the gradebook, leaving students anxious and unaware of their grades. Again, just a terrible school.

Posted May 25, 2010
Had the option to go prep school but PFalls turns out bright, talented, mature students ready for the real world! They are the Best!

Potomac Falls High School 1

Posted June 20, 2009
Its a bad bad school. Should be closed down :(

Posted June 19, 2009
I love Potfalls! it is by far the best school in the county despite the rumors that are spread. yes we do have issues, but wat school doesnt? we also have the highest graduation rate of all the schools around. speaking of graduation, i will be in 365 days! cuz exams are over as of today and i am officially a senior!! class of 2010 baby! all the wayyyy!

Posted January 15, 2009
I'm a Junior at PFHS, and I love it! The people are nice, the teachers are helpful, and the football games are a lot of fun. I keep a GPA of 3.5 in a tough set of classes, I believe that PFHS is doing a great job.

Potomac Falls High School 4

Posted January 03, 2009
i'm currently a junior at potomac falls, and i have a learning disability. I just have to say the school did everything they could to help me work with it. It took a while to get my IEP, but when i got it my grades shot up from D's and F's to A's and B's. Not only are they good with learning disabilities, but ESL and Special Ed. students, too. And almost all of the teachers are amazing. Not only for lectures but for counseling, too. I think its a great school, and a lot of people say bad stuff about us, but we really are a good school. the only bad thing is, we dont really have a set tradition. And we don't get the spirit support and extra curricular support i think we should get. Over all its a good school.

Posted January 08, 2008
i go to PFHS as Junior I think this is a great school exspecially if you have a learning disability. At PFHS they will help you out.Although one thing i don't like is that everyone there is such and over achiever and if your not its kinda wierd to them.

Posted December 16, 2005
I'm a freshman at Potomac Falls High School and I love it here. We have really great teachers and extracurricular activities.

Potomac Falls High School
46400 Algonkian Pkwy, Potomac Falls, VA  20165
Last modified Potomac Falls High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Potomac Falls High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top