Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Potomac Falls HS is the fourth school district my daughter has attended, and by far the least impressive. In brief, the counseling department is disorganized and unhelpful even if you and your child has your act together. I question whether some of the adults working at this school actually have the disposition to be working with older teens. On more than one occasion, I've had the impression that "whatever has gone wrong is the student's fault". If I didn't know any better, I would think most of Potomac Falls students were just up to no good, period. My daughter is going into her second year at Potomac Falls, and I would say that she is engaged by half of her teachers. If your child is bright (and yes, mine is with a 4.14 GPA), but not interested in joining the AP rat race, well, that could be a real problem. Maybe it's me, but I don't feel that Loudoun County is offering a particular engaging and challenging educational environment. Oh, it's tough...90% of a student's grade is based on test/quizzes. FYI As of 2015, my children have not reported any opportunities of "retesting" and there is certainly NO opportunities for "extra credit". I find the grading system even less distressful than the fact that the curriculum is not an integrative, learn by doing environment. In general, I'm disappointed in the school district and very concerned for my middle schooler. Guess it's time to move...

Develops character: Disagree

It is the county's grading policy that is unfair. Some students are not good test takers.

Loudoun County has terrible grading policy- 90% tests/quizzes and 10% homework- basically discourages kids from doing homework and essays because only 10% of their grade. Honors English class had 5 page essay due and 2 kids turned it in- my child was one of those. A 5 page essay should be a test grade not homework grade. Teacher blew up at class over it. One bad test or quiz can bomb your grade. Pop quizzes are killers on grades and seem unfair to me if they are 90% of grade. HOWEVER you can retake tests 2 times if you want depending on teacher in first semester. Second semester retakes depend on class. This is not teaching our kids how things are done in real life. Secondly it is called "Pot Falls" for a reason. Lots of drugs here unfortunately. Daughter is not challenged very much in course work, pretty easy to maintain a 3.75 or above GPA. Administration is terrible to work with. The are rude. Counselors are a joke and not helpful. Study hall is a joke. Kids sing, dance, are on their phones, get into fights in hallway- it is not enforced as a study hall at all. Very disappointing school over all. Daughter has attended 9 schools in life time and this one ranks at the bottom. Had I known this at the beginning of our move, we would have moved to Fairfax County instead.

Potomac falls is a terrible school... The administration is rude and unorganized and the teachers are either mean or they ignore the class. Many of them fail to update the gradebook, leaving students anxious and unaware of their grades. Again, just a terrible school.

Had the option to go prep school but PFalls turns out bright, talented, mature students ready for the real world! They are the Best!

Its a bad bad school. Should be closed down :(

I love Potfalls! it is by far the best school in the county despite the rumors that are spread. yes we do have issues, but wat school doesnt? we also have the highest graduation rate of all the schools around. speaking of graduation, i will be in 365 days! cuz exams are over as of today and i am officially a senior!! class of 2010 baby! all the wayyyy!

I'm a Junior at PFHS, and I love it! The people are nice, the teachers are helpful, and the football games are a lot of fun. I keep a GPA of 3.5 in a tough set of classes, I believe that PFHS is doing a great job.

i'm currently a junior at potomac falls, and i have a learning disability. I just have to say the school did everything they could to help me work with it. It took a while to get my IEP, but when i got it my grades shot up from D's and F's to A's and B's. Not only are they good with learning disabilities, but ESL and Special Ed. students, too. And almost all of the teachers are amazing. Not only for lectures but for counseling, too. I think its a great school, and a lot of people say bad stuff about us, but we really are a good school. the only bad thing is, we dont really have a set tradition. And we don't get the spirit support and extra curricular support i think we should get. Over all its a good school.

i go to PFHS as Junior I think this is a great school exspecially if you have a learning disability. At PFHS they will help you out.Although one thing i don't like is that everyone there is such and over achiever and if your not its kinda wierd to them.

Last modified Potomac Falls High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.