Pound, VA

J.W. Adams Combined 4

Posted December 12, 2013
I have had two children complete JW Adams and I have one currently in JW Adams. This is one of the best elementary education schools in the area. My children are intelligent and we do work with them at home. The two children that completed JW Adams moved into high school at a very high level was actually able to start college classes in high school. Both have graduated highschool with an advanced degree. My youngest is following in the same pattern. I feel like the staff and teachers care about the individual students and make their best effort in their education. There are several parents bring their children from other school districts just to attend JW Adams.

J.W. Adams Combined 2

Posted October 31, 2013
I am surprisingly disappointed in this school. My niece was made fun of by her teacher. They claim zero tolerance for bullying, but the rules must not apply to the teachers. the only punishment he got was being made to apologize to her in front of the class. That's it, no suspension, nothing... My son is dyslexic, nothing has been done to involve him in an Orton-Gillingham program for reading remediation. OG is the approved teaching method for dyslexics and this school doesn't' even know what Orton-Gillingham is... The school has fundraisers but they never tell you what the money goes toward. There is no PTA so you can't be financially involved. Consider another school if at all possible!

J.W. Adams Combined
10824 Orby Cantrell Hwy, Pound, VA  24279
Last modified J.W. Adams Combined is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J.W. Adams Combined Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top