Posted June 20, 2011
My son started going to this school in the '10-'11 school year as a first grader. His teacher, Ms Hall, was excellent and worked with him. He is now reading on a 5th grade level. He has severe ADHD and I have to say this school is wonderful for kids with special needs as parental involvement is strongly encouraged and they have an active PTO. My son went to a school that didn't care about anything but scores and discouraged parents becoming involved in their children's education and I have to say this school is a MAJOR improvement on where he was attending. When my son was not performing well academically or was acting out the teacher would express her concerns to my husband and I and would work with us to help him improve his scores and his behavior. I couldn't ask for a better school for my son to be in and to be involved in as a parent.

Posted October 13, 2010
This school is so welcoming to parents. The teachers are very talented and caring professionals.

Posted October 13, 2010
The staff and students are full of life and welcoming.

Posted September 18, 2010
I am completely happy with my experiences with PES. I have had 4 children come through this school, and they have some of the most wonderful and caring teachers imaginable. I always feel welcome and even encouraged to come to the school and into the classroom if I ever want to visit. I absolutely love K12 Portal and I think that this program along with email makes it so easy to communicate any concerns with the teachers and to stay up-to-date on what my child is doing. I can't imagine what could be done to make this school any better.

Posted May 01, 2010
Three of our sons have attended or are currently enrolled there. Great Teachers, caring atmosphere, helpful support staff, nice place to learn and grow up for our boys.

Powhatan Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2009
Powhatan Elementary was my home for over 20 years until my retirement a year ago. PES is a great collaboration between teachers, parents, and administrators. Ours is a school where every child counts.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Powhatan Elementary because they give all of their students a great chance at a great future regardless of their abilities or disabilities!

Posted September 15, 2008

Powhatan Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2008
My daughter has attended PES for JK, K, 1st, and 2nd grade and I have LOVED every one of her teachers. They have been caring, encouraging, and loving with all of the children. Administration is good, although there needs to be more communication when situations arise. On the whole, I am very satisfied and would gladly recommend this school to all parents. I hope things will be just as wonderful at Flatrock next year!

Powhatan Elementary School 2

Posted May 24, 2005
I have had a very bad experience with powhatan elementary. I have had no problems with the teachers, mostly bad choices in the administration end. The music, art, sports and other extra curricular activities seem to be up to par. Level of parental involvement seems good. However it is overcrowded and student to staff ratio is not good.

Powhatan Elementary School
4111 Old Buckingham Rd, Powhatan, VA  23139
Last modified Powhatan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Powhatan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top