PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Wonderful school. My child has been there since kindergarten and loves it too the teachers and staff are exceptional

Blessed Sacrament Huguenot School is a wonderful school. It has a 40 acre open air campus, very challenging college prep academics and a caring family environment. It is also the only co-ed Catholic school in the Richmond area, educating children from PreK2-12th grade. They accept all faiths and have 25 boys and girls interscholastic sports teams. And, best of all, EVERYONE plays! Great teachers, great coaches, great small classroom sizes. Cannot wait for my son to attend!!! Very Happy Mom!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Blessed Sacrament Huguenot school are very effective. BSH is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Virginia Catholic Education Association (VCEA). They offer a wide range of advance placement and extracurricular activities. Top 10% in the nation on standardized test scores, small classroom sizes allowing for individualized attention, 9% above national average on SAT scores and 100% high school graduation rate. Including 100% graduation acceptance rate for those who apply to accredited institutions. They also have a dual enrollment program for college.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students at Blessed Sacrament Huguenot School receive a good amount of homework but it is necessary. If the students have problems with anything, there are opportunities to meet with each teacher, individually, for help. Homework also gives the parents an opportunity to interact with their child and keep informed about what they are learning in school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Blessed Sacrament Huguenot School is a co-ed Catholic school teaching Christ-centered curriculum to PreK-2 through 12th grade students, informed by faith, morality, character development, and service to community. All faiths are welcome. With 25 men and women's interscholastic sports teams, EVERYONE plays. Small class sizes allow for individual attention. Love this school! Proud mom.

As a parent of a Preschool Student and a 1st Grader at Blessed Sacrament, the individual attention, challenging academics, and family oriented atmosphere that BSH offers is breath of fresh air in comparison to today s educational environments. A school that continues what we as parents are trying to teach at home such as good moral values, citizenship, responsibility, and where "Please" and "Thank You" and "Yes Sir" and "No Sir" are just part of the everyday environment. That is unheard of these days! The parents at our school are involved in their children's education process. Can you believe that I can call my child s teacher at home if there is a problem? I can't say enough about BSH. My children come home feeling loved and are excited about learning. It is worth every penny!

As a representative of 3 Small colleges in the Northeast I visit this campus 2-3 times each year. I am constantly wowed by it"s family atmosphere. My colleges have admitted 100% of the students who have applied from BSH. The school is well managed and takes, it appears , to value each families educational experience. If my kids were living in the Richmond area I would help fund their tuition the this private school before any other!

My child attended BSH for one year. It was a miserable experience. My child felt marginalized by the cliques. Eventually we had to meet with the principal about the bullying my child frequently experienced. We have found the public schools in the area to be superior both academically and socially.

I graduated from another private school, so take from this what you will, but I did have a friend at BSH. I have attended numerous sporting events at BSH ever since I was in the 7th grade, and I have to say, the fans and players have some of the worst attitudes I have seen at a game. The players and parents talk trash, yell at refs, and one parent even grabbed a cheerleader from my school once. Thankfully, that situation was taken care of before anyone got hurt. I have, however, heard good things about the academics, so if that is all you care about (and not the "I'm better than you" environment), this is the school for you!

The teachers,students,parents and administation care and love their school. It`s a close nit family atmosphere you feel when you walk around BSH`s campus or attend a sporting event. It`s a friendly place where my three childen and I feel a part of and are proud.

Last modified Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot is a Private school that serves grades PK-12