Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted June 15, 2016
Please take some of these comments with a grain of salt. The teachers, staff and administration at Walton all are very dedicated and wonderful people. I find it sad that parents come on here to "bad mouth" a teacher or the principal. Many times they are simply doing their job and following policy from the School Board. I for one, want my children to be ready for life after elementary school. I also do not feel that it is appropriate for the behavior of ONE to disrupt the learning of 23 others. Knowing the staff, I can assure you no child ever was in trouble or sent to the office for a pencil "accidently " falling to the floor. Unfortunately, sometimes parents are unable to see that their children have faults like everyone else. I have had several dealings with the guidance counselor and have been very impressed. She is knowledgeable and caring with students. I do not believe it is the right (and even legal) to decide when someone else should retire. Walton has provided my children with a Wonderful education and elementary experience. I highly suggest that you rest easy if your child is preparing to attend school there in the fall. They are amazing! And you are in for a treat.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 15, 2016
MTS Kushma.continues to be a wonderful.principal..hard working and fair. What more.can you ask.for? She does her job with grace.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 15, 2016
They are amazing, always encouraging to all students and parents. We couldn't be happier We are ready for next year!

Posted June 02, 2016
This is my son's first year at Walton. We are stationed at Fort Lee and hope to stay here because of the quality education our children are receiving in Prince George. Our experience has been positive. The teachers and administrators spend a lot of time after school for fun activities for students and families. Our children have attended several schools in the country and Walton is the best elementary school we have been to. There is a boy in my son's class who makes noises and does things in class that are not appropriate. I support a student being suspended when their behavior interferes with the learning of 22 other students. I send my son to school to learn. I would be upset if there were no consequences and my son's education suffered because of it.I am surprised at some things that are said. Rumors are started and spread quickly because some people believe everything they hear or see without knowing what is REALLY going on. Each time I have expressed a concern, it has been addressed. What I like least about the school-the late buses-which are not their fault-and the way parents speak to the faculty. I have heard parents cursing at teachers, administrators, and secretaries. I have also overheard parents arguing with each other at parent pick up. They do this all in front of children. I am sorry for the way the school staff is spoken to because it seems like they try their best. Other school systems we have been in would not let parents speak like that to teachers, administrators, secretaries, or anyone else at the school. The employees do not speak like that to the parents or they would be fired. I witnessed a father curse at a custodian-- told him to go do his job when he was helping with students unloading in the morning. No respect!The custodian held his head high and ignored the man. I feel like Walton does a terrific job with the 600 students they have. Maybe the parents who complain would be happier if they tried to communicate with the teachers and school. I overheard a boy talking while I was having lunch with my son. He said "my momma said my teacher can't tell me what to do. she'll go to the school board office and get her fired". A fifth grader! Walton is doing a great job! Thank you for everything you do. I wish more people tried to work at or run a school. They'd see how much work and dedication it really takes!

Posted May 29, 2016
Both of my children attend Walton, One is special needs. Both always have been treated well by all the adults that work there, and are discipline appropriately when needed (which is not often). I am very pleased with the education they are receiving. I am displeased with the behavior of some of the students and parents while on campus. That is giving Walton a bad reputation that is NOT deserved. The faculty has worked hard and overcome a lot of negative press. They are making huge gains daily. I am proud of my kids' school. Even though it is an old school, they bulletin boards and grounds are kept up, staff is friendly, and they kids seem happy. People who are unhappy here, are not involved enough and won't look for the positives. KUDOS WALTON! WE LOVE YOU!

William A. Walton Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2016
My son attended Walton from K until this past April 2016. We are now in chesterfield and I can see a huge difference in the amount of stress that's placed on the students. My son was often overloaded with homework. Stressed. It was almost impossible for him to participate in an extra curricula activities becuase of his heavy work load. Last year they tried to suspend him for being disruptive (excessive talking and dropping his pencil). This past year (4th grade) was one of the worse years. It almost felt like his teacher expected mediocre performance from him. She killed his confidence. He went from being an A student to a C/D student. I never had a bad experience with the administrators. The guidance counselor should retire. Kids need someone with a little more enthusiasm as a guidance counselor. The front desk staff were great. Overall I didn't not have the best experience at Walton but I guess it depends on each individual situation. If you ever have a problem tht isn't being addressed contact the school board. Thts seems to help.

Posted March 24, 2016
My daughter is attending 5th grade this year, and I can honestly say that this is her best year ever. The teachers are compassionate, and although they expect a lot , they give more. The principal is outgoing, and you can tell that she loves her job. She makes it a point to talk to the kids and generally cares about all her students. I am so glad that my child has found a school where she is welcomed and nurtured.

Posted March 11, 2016
I love Walton.. my child has always been pushed to do her best. All of the teachers that she has had over the years went beyond the call of duty.

William A. Walton Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2016
Being a military family we never know what we are going to get with schools, bases and housing. Our boys liked the fact that Walton had an open campus so we chose to find a rental so they could attend Walton Elementary. My oldest son is now onto middle school, and he had nothing but wonderful things to say about his teachers while he was attending the school, and vice versa. He came home with good grades and never had any problems making friends. My younger son was a whole different issue. He is extremely smart and extremely stubborn! His 3rd grade year was truly hard on the teachers, him and us as his parents. He did not get along with his teacher, and the school at first didn't seem to want to try to find a solution, BUT when Mrs. Woodlief stepped up and said that she would be happy to help our son, we saw a huge turn around! She has been able to get our son to focus, bring home good grades that he has worked for, and he is overall more social! She has been our sons teacher for 4th grade and now 5th grade as well! She is AMAZING!! If my husband and I could bottle her up and take her with every move we made we would! My son is more confident in his schooling and we have to believe that Mrs. Woodlief had a HUGE part in that! She is firm with her kids, but she is so fun and loving with them as well. I hope that whatever the future holds for her and her family, Walton Elementary knows how lucky they are to have her! Of course every parent/student has a different experience, but my husband and I have been more than happy with the school and what they have given our boys!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 04, 2015
Thank you Mrs. Hockaday for being such a wonderful teacher and feeding those little brains with so much knowledge!

4101 Courthouse Rd, Prince George, VA  23875
Last modified William A. Walton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.