Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 04, 2015
Thank you Mrs. Hockaday for being such a wonderful teacher and feeding those little brains with so much knowledge!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 04, 2015
I can only speak for one particular third grade teacher, but she definitely deserves teacher of the year, in my opinion!

William A. Walton Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2015
After reading the reviews I am a little shocked by the reviews. Although I have never had any interaction with the principal, I guess it is all based on personal experience and the particular need/needs of your child. This is my child's first year at Walton and she absolutely LOVES it! We transferred from another district but last year she was highly stressed out, biting her nails, etc. This year she said this is her best year ever. We LOVE LOVE LOVE her teacher as she is concerned and goes beyond the call of duty. She is always available when needed and pushes my child to do her best. We plan to stay at Walton throughout her elementary years but I will definitely re-visit this page if anything changes.

William A. Walton Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2015
This school is very good. We had considered homeschooling or private school but I am very happy we decided to send our oldest to Walton. We have had only excellent teachers so far. They seem to truly love the kids and strive to meet all their individual needs as best as they can. The reason I could not give them a 5 star vote is because they only schedule about 10 minutes of recess for the lower grades. When I asked about this I was told that the kids also have PE and teacher PE time. I was told that this time in combination with their recess time is plenty. As parents, we all know that kids need much, much more unstructured play time. I know this is being addressed by other parents and professional consultants to the school. Hopefully this will change in the near future. Other than that, this school is very good.

Posted June 11, 2015
The school's overall atmosphere is negative and judgmental. The principal is quite unprofessional. She is a bully and verbally abusive to staff and students. She is consistently dismissive of parents' concerns and has poor boundaries and self-control. She speaks downright hatefully about children and parents, particularly if they are low-income or have special needs that she does not understand. She makes this school an absolute disgrace.

Posted May 13, 2015
This school is not the choice if you have a special needs child. They have no desire to work with parents and listen to concerns. They do not allow parents enough time during IEP meetings to discuss recommendations and they don't take anything in to considerations when making decisions regarding your child. It s their way or no way!!! The principle is very unprofessional and does not care about special needs children!!!!

William A. Walton Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2015
Very slow with processing and creating IEPs and providing necessary services to children with a learning disability. They will promise a service (or services) but do not follow through with the promises of providing the services and/or necessary equipment to aid the children in the classroom. In our experience, if your child has an IEP or you suspect a learning disability, this school will not meet that need in a timely manner causing your child to fall behind and be negatively impacted severely.

Posted November 14, 2014
I would give this school and overall the Prince George School district a zero or less than zero. My children have been to several different schools throughout our many moves and this school is by far the worst school my son has gone too and it's even worse at the high school. My children were so happy to leave. If you are a military family good luck with that, this school district just sees dollar signs with every military child. You would think with all the funding this school district gets they would have better libraries and as well as better services but they don't. Like I said they only see money when it comes to military children. As for the principal horrible is all I have to say.

William A. Walton Elementary School 5

Posted July 30, 2014
This school is amazing. My children have been going there for 3 years and the safety, communication, staff are top notch. I have LOVED my children's teachers and have nothing but wonderful things to say about ALL the staff at the school. We even had amazing Bus drivers. We recently moved and I wish my kids could have done all 6 years at Walton. I Highly recommend this school.

William A. Walton Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
Walton Elementary has improved every year we have been there. The teachers and staff are very friendly and caring. They go above and beyond every day to make sure our kids are getting the best education possible. The office staff is always smiling and willing to help. The new principle is the best I have seen in 8 years. I love Walton!!!

4101 Courthouse Rd, Prince George, VA  23875
Last modified William A. Walton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William A. Walton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top