Purcellville, VA
Students enrolled: 1,520

Posted August 30, 2014
Woodgrove High School - what a school! We just attended the open house in preparation for the upcoming school year and were just completely wowed by the enthusiasm and positive vibe throughout the entire school. Our son is so excited - and I must admit, so are we! Each staff member we encountered - they all were in the same school spirit wear - or uniform :) - were so friendly and helpful. We even ran into the principal and he was so welcoming. We feel so fortunate to be a part of this school - go Wolverines!

Posted June 21, 2014
This school is outstanding! We just attended graduation and could not believe the success of the students. Many are headed to Ivy League schools and top notch schools around the country and in Virginia. The Principal is great! He is very articulate and he is everywhere and really facilitates a positive environment in the school and community. The staff seem genuinely interested in helping students achieve success. We feel so fortunate to have moved into this community and look forward to our other children becoming Woodgrove Wolverines!

Posted March 22, 2014
This is really a top notch school. I have lived in many places in this country - really all over the place - and education just doesn't come better than here in Loudoun county. It's private school quality but at a public school. Lots of opportunities for students to be challenged as much as they want. Also excellent vocational preparation. I see a parent that complained about fees at this school. Although I agree there can be a lot of fees, overall it's really not much to pay, and Loudoun county has relatively low cost per student in terms of taxes - just compare to neighboring counties!

Woodgrove High School 4

Posted December 01, 2013
This school has gorgeous, new facilities but had a rough start in the leadership department with 3 different principals in the first two years. The administrative issues seem to be ironed out now. I am truly impressed with the quality of teachers and academic assignments that my children receive. The arts programs also seem to be well run. The reason I did not give the school five stars is because of the costs. I thought public education was free in the U.S. The fees at this school are constant: $200 for a student parking pass, $100 for each sport per student, fees for labs, uniforms, yearbooks, school photos, graduation, sports equipment, musical instruments, school supplies, PTO dues, Booster club dues, etc. Additionally, there are non-stop fundraisers. My other main complaint is that there is no bus to bring home students who stay late for sports or extra curricular activities. Taxes are high in this county, so I didn't expect to have to pay for all these things. My 3 kids always attended private school before we moved here, and all the fees were included in the tuition, so it was a shock.

Posted January 14, 2013
A fantastic school - there is now tremendous energy and enthusiasm. My son really enjoys all aspects of Woodgrove! Keep up the great work!

Woodgrove High School 4

Posted January 13, 2013
This isn't the right school.... Woodgrove is not located in Leesburg. This is the address of Tuscarora.

Woodgrove High School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
This school is not spending our taxes wisely. They have assemblies to figure out how to buy class rings. Some of the teachers certifications can not be found on the state teacher certification site. Some of the teachers will lose paperwork and the student pays. I handed a teacher some paperwork early and my son did not get credit, his work was lost. My son found out a teacher was giving extra classes in the evening yet when he attended the classes inexplicably moved. The sciense labs appear truly impressive yet not enough learning is happening. The Leadership has been provided with information on working programs elsewhere in the county yet nothing has been implemented in two years. You must have internet for the homework. The bus schedule gets you to school in time to run to class and takes over 60 minutes to get you home. Trying to get homework done with these constraints does not work well. The Tech Ed teachers and the coaches seem to be doing a great job! The concern for the student appears paramount! Learning and growth appears prevalent in the STEM courses.

Woodgrove High School 1

Posted February 29, 2012
This school has no leadership. The quality of the education is substandard and they just teach multiple choice and to the SOLS. There is no depth in the subject matters. There is no real diversity. The new building is nice but you have to have the talent to fill it. The students here are truely getting a low standard of education compared to Eastern Loudoun or Fairfax

Posted September 12, 2011
I was SO happy when this school opened with such quality teachers, administrators, and facilities. I have two children that attend Woodgrove High School and we have all be very pleased with every aspect of the school. They are both on sports teams with quality coaches and have had fascinating projects and learning experiences as part of their academics. They have a real bond with their fellow students, teachers, and other staff at the school. I could not be happier with the educational experience that they are receiving at Woodgrove HS!

Woodgrove High School
36811 Allder School Road, Purcellville, VA  20132
Last modified Woodgrove High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodgrove High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top