Purcellville, VA

Posted April 29, 2015
I am so happy with my sons experience with Blue Ridge. Yes the school lacks windows, and that is unfortunate. But it's the people inside that matter most. The principle has strong and inspiring leadership skills. The admin. staff are helpful and friendly. My son has had several teachers that he adores this year. There is positive peer pressure there to excell and make good choices.

Posted April 13, 2015
My son is thriving at Blue Ridge. The teachers go above and beyond - They communicate frequently regarding progress. I'm thrilled with the school overall.

Posted February 09, 2014
This is a very good school with excellent teachers. Everyone is attentive to students needs and students have many opportunities to become involved in different activities. Overall, Blue Ridge is an amazing learning environment.

Blue Ridge Middle School 2

Posted November 05, 2013
Blue Ridge Middile School is a wonderful facilty, yet the teachers are STRANGLING! I'm not talking about giving too much homework, but there is a rule agianst everything you do! I am an 8th grade girl that cannot wait to get out of this school! Yeah sure the teachers teach well, and there is only a few i have a problem with, but the rest are good at their job, but i feel like the power gets to them. The gym floors are always filthy, and there are no windows; studies show students learn better in a sun-lit environment and even an extended time outside. Not impressed. Also we have various assemblies on bulling but in an event when it occours, nothing is done. It seems like each year it got worse for me, and everyone else. Can't wait for Loudoun Valley!!! GO VIKES!

Blue Ridge Middle School 1

Posted October 10, 2013
Very rude staff. Unclean dirty dark. They do nothing about bullying. Would not recommend for all the money in the world.

Posted August 22, 2013
Great. I love this school. When my son started here he had only been going to an American school for one year. We had lived overseas and he was really nervous about the whole Middle School thing especially from stuff he had seen on TV. He really likes the teachers and the support he gets.

Blue Ridge Middle School 4

Posted February 18, 2013
First of all, dear student, you need to catch up on your grammar. A grammar teacher can only take you so far; the rest is up to your dedication and the efforts of and environment provided by your guadians. If your language as a middle school student is what I see it to be, I would look elsewhere to put the blame, not the teachers. Best place to start is yourself.

Posted March 05, 2012
My son is in his first year at Blue Ridge and we are very happy with his experience. He is flourishing academically and socially. He is in one honor's class, which happens to be his favorite class. Blue Ridge has clubs and other things that students can get involved with (e.g. strings) and these I highly recommend because they expand the mind and promote friendships that otherwise would not have occurred. My son was picked on a little at Emerick Elementary but now has a click of about 10 friends. My son says that the teachers are in the hallways and near the lockers in between classes. This is a must for middle school and Blue Ridge is playing it by the book. The principal is also very visible. I see him almost every day standing outside with the riders. He actually talks with the students and they respect him as is evident in their body language and facial expressions. My wife and I feel like we really hit the jackpot with this school.

Posted February 01, 2012
I'm an eighth grader at Blue Ridge. The semester is half done and I dont want to leave! I first came here, the new kid from Fairfax county, in 6th grade. Everyone was so welcoming. The teachers here are awesome; whether it was helping me get some of my work published in a magazine or preparing me for my future, they've been there in so many ways. I can't imagine a better middle school than Blue Ridge.

Blue Ridge Middle School 2

Posted January 12, 2010
I have two students who attended this school and I found the academic level of challenge satisfactory. Unfortunately, leadership and positive moral is lacking at this school and the teaching my child received was very uneven. I found most of the teaching staff to be very unprofessional when I needed to address any issues. The principal is doing very little to weed out those teachers who are wasting the precious time of the students they are trained professionally to serve and inspire. My students learned in spite of their environment and not as a result.

Blue Ridge Middle School
551 East A St, Purcellville, VA  20132
Last modified Blue Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top