Purcellville, VA
Students enrolled: 1,074

Posted November 06, 2014
Love Valley! It has been great for both of my kids. Most of the teachers are fantastic.

Posted January 27, 2013
I love Valley. The school spirit is great and it makes all the students feel like they really belong. Everyone I've met has been very kind and ambitious; there are a few stray students who could do better, but they are the outliers and generally students value hard work instead of partying. The teachers are all very well trained and genuinely care about the success and well-being of the students and the rest of the faculty is eager to help in any way they can.

Posted September 22, 2011
This school is outstanding. I have two children currently enrolled at LVHS and both love it and are receiving a wonderful education.My kids are two very different people with very different interests, and the fact that both equally enjoy the school says it all. One of my daughters is a cheerleader and loves it. The other is in the student council and KEY club and adores both programs. The principal is wonderful and involved with all of the programs. The teachers are excellent. Both of my daughters are in all the honors and AP classes they can take and have immensely enjoyed the challenges they offer. The school spirit (chiefly the student section present at all varsity games known as "The Jungle") is just amazing. Valley also has a wonderful reputation for its high test scores and impressive college admissions. You cannot go wrong if you choose this school.

Posted July 02, 2011
We just finished our first year in this area of Western Loudoun County and we love it. There is a new high school (Woodgrove) that opened, so now the student population at Loudoun Valley HS is "normal"... should be about 1000 students for the 2011-2012 school year. The middle schools are back to being "normal" (i.e., 6th thru 8th grade). LVHS took away the "temporary classroom" buildings that lined the front of the school, and has let go of some teachers, etc. to accomodate the smaller student body. My 3 teens have enjoyed the year and made friends fairly easily.

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted August 26, 2009
I'm a rising junior at Valley and I have had a very good experience. Valley is extremely over crowded with nearly 2,000 students in grades 10-12. It makes for some very crowded halls and late lunches (1:30 for those on D lunch). Both the teachers and students are very friendly for the most part. In terms of teachers, we have really good ones and we have some duds but that's the case any where. We have lots of different extra curricular activites and my guidance counselor has always been very approachable and helpful.

Posted May 29, 2009

Posted February 04, 2009
Loudoun Valley is one of the best schools My Daughter ever attended, The care and concern were great, the programs, the classes offered and prep for higher education, really paid off. Thank you!

Loudoun Valley High School 1

Posted February 03, 2009
The students, parents and teachers of LVHS are wonderful. However, the extreme over-crowding makes it an unpleasant and limited environment. We moved to another school district in Virginia and found that our children, who were in advanced (Honors) classes in Loudoun, were at grade level or behind in science, foreign language and AP opportunities. Hopefully, with the new high school, Loudoun will once again offer the great opportunities of previous reviews.

Posted November 07, 2008

Loudoun Valley High School
340 N Maple Ave, Purcellville, VA  20132
Last modified Loudoun Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loudoun Valley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top