Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Sometimes the teachers did go a little easy on the students. Allowing for many take home tests, and extended deadlines.

I really enjoyed going to school here. The teachers were awesome. The school was always trying to find new ways to teach subjects. While I was there they tried to teach AP US History along side of AP Language to show how literature and history evolved together.

I've been very happy with my experience at Valley HS the last 8 years. I've had 2 boys graduate with a daughter presently attending and they have all had a wonderful experience in high school. Staff is responsive and supportive. Students are respectful and overall good kids. It's the perfect size, not too large but big enough to find many different social groups. County just did nice renovations to the school and sports fields in 2014. I'd send my grandchildren here...when the time comes. :o)

Love Valley! It has been great for both of my kids. Most of the teachers are fantastic.

I love Valley. The school spirit is great and it makes all the students feel like they really belong. Everyone I've met has been very kind and ambitious; there are a few stray students who could do better, but they are the outliers and generally students value hard work instead of partying. The teachers are all very well trained and genuinely care about the success and well-being of the students and the rest of the faculty is eager to help in any way they can.

This school is outstanding. I have two children currently enrolled at LVHS and both love it and are receiving a wonderful education.My kids are two very different people with very different interests, and the fact that both equally enjoy the school says it all. One of my daughters is a cheerleader and loves it. The other is in the student council and KEY club and adores both programs. The principal is wonderful and involved with all of the programs. The teachers are excellent. Both of my daughters are in all the honors and AP classes they can take and have immensely enjoyed the challenges they offer. The school spirit (chiefly the student section present at all varsity games known as "The Jungle") is just amazing. Valley also has a wonderful reputation for its high test scores and impressive college admissions. You cannot go wrong if you choose this school.

We just finished our first year in this area of Western Loudoun County and we love it. There is a new high school (Woodgrove) that opened, so now the student population at Loudoun Valley HS is "normal"... should be about 1000 students for the 2011-2012 school year. The middle schools are back to being "normal" (i.e., 6th thru 8th grade). LVHS took away the "temporary classroom" buildings that lined the front of the school, and has let go of some teachers, etc. to accomodate the smaller student body. My 3 teens have enjoyed the year and made friends fairly easily.

I'm a rising junior at Valley and I have had a very good experience. Valley is extremely over crowded with nearly 2,000 students in grades 10-12. It makes for some very crowded halls and late lunches (1:30 for those on D lunch). Both the teachers and students are very friendly for the most part. In terms of teachers, we have really good ones and we have some duds but that's the case any where. We have lots of different extra curricular activites and my guidance counselor has always been very approachable and helpful.

Loudoun Valley is one of the best schools My Daughter ever attended, The care and concern were great, the programs, the classes offered and prep for higher education, really paid off. Thank you!

The students, parents and teachers of LVHS are wonderful. However, the extreme over-crowding makes it an unpleasant and limited environment. We moved to another school district in Virginia and found that our children, who were in advanced (Honors) classes in Loudoun, were at grade level or behind in science, foreign language and AP opportunities. Hopefully, with the new high school, Loudoun will once again offer the great opportunities of previous reviews.

Last modified Loudoun Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.