Bad
Good

Since starting at Belview as a Pre-K student, my now 1st grader is learning so much. The small class size (<18) and the teacher's additional help (via Radford University student teacher interns) provide my child individual attention and teaching that is not traditional in today's public school operations. The school leadership, starting with the principal, is outstanding. Parent participation is outstanding as guest readers, activity leads, and social event providers. My second child will start K in the fall. I am excited to share that I am very happy that my home is in the Belview Elementary zone.

I absolutely love this school. The enrollment rate is incrediably low. The staff is totally awesome. All of my children have been through Belview. Rhonda Baker, Robyn Hylton, and Mrs. Bibbs are totally awesome.

I have a child attending Pre-K at Belview. He has speech issues, and the assistance, patience, and involvement I've experienced with the staff has been exemplary. They go above and beyond, and have been with me every step of the way in getting the best info and assistance for him. He's also very emotional, and I feared they might not have the type of patience with him that a mother has. However, they have seemed to see and love the same child that I know. They are sincerely as excited about any milestone he reaches as I am. I love how small Belview is. It seems that everyone at the school knows him, and it's a family environment. I can just tell how comfortable he is there. Peace of mind is something you can't buy. We're a military family, and it's going to be very hard to leave Belview behind.

I have had two children at Belview. Their teachers have been excellent and caring and class sizes are small. My only complaint is the excessive focus on the state SOL exams. In third and fifth grade classes, a very large percentage of instruction time is spent taking practice tests. A small number of parents are very involved and have done incredible work to update the playground.

My daughter just completed kindergarten and it was a wonderful experience foe her. Due to small numbers in the schools she got a great deal of one on one attention. I was amazed at all she learned. Many teachers, the guidance counselor, and principal all knew her by first name and made her feel welcome and comfortable. Feeling comfortable in an environment helps promote self esteem and learning.

My son completed Kindergarten and 1st grade at Belview, and I have nothing bad to say about the program. His teachers are fantastic and really care about the welfare of each student. It is a small school (he started K with 13 children!)and the teachers and administration are easy to work with.

Last modified Belview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.