Radford, VA

Posted March 19, 2012
Since starting at Belview as a Pre-K student, my now 1st grader is learning so much. The small class size (<18) and the teacher's additional help (via Radford University student teacher interns) provide my child individual attention and teaching that is not traditional in today's public school operations. The school leadership, starting with the principal, is outstanding. Parent participation is outstanding as guest readers, activity leads, and social event providers. My second child will start K in the fall. I am excited to share that I am very happy that my home is in the Belview Elementary zone.

Posted May 06, 2010

Belview Elementary School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
I absolutely love this school. The enrollment rate is incrediably low. The staff is totally awesome. All of my children have been through Belview. Rhonda Baker, Robyn Hylton, and Mrs. Bibbs are totally awesome.

Posted May 12, 2009

Posted January 29, 2009
I have a child attending Pre-K at Belview. He has speech issues, and the assistance, patience, and involvement I've experienced with the staff has been exemplary. They go above and beyond, and have been with me every step of the way in getting the best info and assistance for him. He's also very emotional, and I feared they might not have the type of patience with him that a mother has. However, they have seemed to see and love the same child that I know. They are sincerely as excited about any milestone he reaches as I am. I love how small Belview is. It seems that everyone at the school knows him, and it's a family environment. I can just tell how comfortable he is there. Peace of mind is something you can't buy. We're a military family, and it's going to be very hard to leave Belview behind.

Posted June 06, 2008
I have had two children at Belview. Their teachers have been excellent and caring and class sizes are small. My only complaint is the excessive focus on the state SOL exams. In third and fifth grade classes, a very large percentage of instruction time is spent taking practice tests. A small number of parents are very involved and have done incredible work to update the playground.

Posted August 07, 2007
My daughter just completed kindergarten and it was a wonderful experience foe her. Due to small numbers in the schools she got a great deal of one on one attention. I was amazed at all she learned. Many teachers, the guidance counselor, and principal all knew her by first name and made her feel welcome and comfortable. Feeling comfortable in an environment helps promote self esteem and learning.

Posted March 28, 2007
My son completed Kindergarten and 1st grade at Belview, and I have nothing bad to say about the program. His teachers are fantastic and really care about the welfare of each student. It is a small school (he started K with 13 children!)and the teachers and administration are easy to work with.

Posted May 10, 2005

Belview Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2004
I would not advise anyone to send their child to Belview Elementary School. I had two children attend the school and I had alot of problems with the school system. One of my kids was in first grade and was reading on a second grade reading level and they kept putting reading below grade average plus putting this child in tytle 1 class. This child would even go over benchmark on PAL test. The parents in this school will not let you know about class parties or activities when they are homeroom mother. I am glad my kids are away from this school.

Belview Elementary School
3187 Peppers Ferry Rd, Radford, VA  24141
Last modified Belview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top