Bad
Good

Lake Anne Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2013
My daughter is in 2nd grade and in the Spanish immersion program. I can see a difference in her language learning especially this year. She has had wonderful teachers. The hardest part is having two teachers to connect with instead of one. But, this is necessary in immersion schools. I do think the parent-teacher communication could be improved. I rarely get emails from the teacher whereas my experience with another school is the opposite with many friendly email reminders from the teacher. I have had a few bullying incidents that my daughter has had to deal with-- on the bus and at school. The counselor talked with my daughter and appeared to work it out. Overall, I think my daughter is happy and she loves her teachers. The principal is exceptional and open to talking with parents whenever there is a concern. I think it's a school that is doing a lot of things well, but is still growing and improving.

Posted December 19, 2012
Lake Anne has very weak teachers and counselors who are unable to adjust to children with a different learning style. The focus is on worksheet homework. If we had options for another school, we would pursue them.

Posted November 28, 2011
Lake Anne Elementary school is a great school. It teaches great things. It has strong principal and school leadership. Great teaching skills and teachers.

Posted November 11, 2011
I have yet to be impressed by this school. I went there when I was a kid and now my child goes there. Constant emails to the school about my son and honestly it gets nowhere. I have started looking into a different school for my child as this school is not a good fit for us!

Posted July 13, 2011
What a great school. The community feel, the support from teachers, and the leadership are all superb. We left a higher-rated school to come here, and are so happy. Test scores are not everything.

Posted June 02, 2011
Lake Anne Elementary delivers quality education and work habits. My child is in the Spanish Immersion program and has had no problems learning math and science in Spanish. I like the teachers' philosophy that each student should do their OWN homework and not have the parents do it . When my child can not understand his homework (in Spanish or English), he takes the responsibility to ask the teacher the next day. Lake Anne Elementary is an excellent school that supports diversity.

Posted May 26, 2011
I did not like this school for my daughter. The Spanish immersion aspect of the school is great but it can also make understanding new math concepts difficult if you don't completely understand what is being said. There is way too much homework for work that should be completed in school. As a single mother working two jobs, I found this overwhelming at times for not only my daughter but myself. My daughter also had a difficult time making friends in this school. She had one best friend that one day decided that they could no longer be friends because a more popular girl wanted to be her friend. My daughter was hurt beyond belief. What are parents teaching their children????

Lake Anne Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2010
The school has grown to over 600+ students in the last few years. Although staff turnover is moderate, they continue to dedicate themselves to the children and work to provide the highest level of education possible. The school is entering the first year of renovation, so the classrooms will be moved around and will require a bit more focus and adjustment for the staff and students. There will be a new AP this year as well. The school is still very diverse in population - staff and students. The immersion program will continue next year thankfully!

Posted September 29, 2009
We have a great diverse school where the teachers and students are great!

Posted September 23, 2009
It's a school that fosters a great community--a real community school that is welcoming to families and filled with caring teachers.

Lake Anne Elementary School
11510 North Shore Dr, Reston, VA  20190
Last modified Lake Anne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Anne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top