Posted June 16, 2015
We have one child finishing his 4th year at Terraset and another kindergarten. We absolutely love this school and are so lucky to have our kids enrolled there. The faculty, staff, and students are exceptional, providing a diverse, creative, productive, and educational environment. Principal Trout is incredibly involved and deeply cares about her students and school. We could not ask for a better school for our kids.

Posted May 30, 2014
My son is just finishing up second grade at Terraset. We have been so incredibly happy with everything since he started in Kindergarten. The new principal has brought a great philosophy to the school, and every child gets to do the level of work he is capable of. My son gets pulled out for advanced math and is reading far above the level of a typical 2nd grader, and they support him in all of his interests. In fact, he did have some problems with the social aspects of school, and the school counselor invited him into a small group lunch time setting to work on those problems. I cannot express enough how happy we have been. My younger child is starting Kindergarten in the fall, and I look forward to seeing how they work with her!

Posted April 18, 2014
Great school, great teachers and a wonderful principal. Very excited for the renovations to be finished.

Terraset Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2012
I had very bad experience at this school, one teacher my kid had was careless, lack of skills and punished my child for personal reason, not only in the classroom, but also by sending the administration false and intentionally misleading information.I'd give this teacher 0 star for the performance. some teachers are good,like the one my child had two years ago, that's why I am giving 4 stars for that reason. 2 stars average. The newly retired principal abused power, covered up to continuing her mismanagement. I am glad that there is a new principal now.I wish the teachers' quality could improve over the time under the new principal.

Posted July 13, 2012
Terraset Tiger Pride abounds! This summer about 20 of our teachers are volunteering their own time to run a summer reading program, two days a week, for 8 weeks. Isn't that fantastic! This is why Terraset is such a fantastic school... the teachers really care.

Posted July 12, 2012
I have had 2 boys graduate from Terraset and my youngest will be entering the 5th grade in September. We have had wonderful experiences with this school, especially with the special education teachers. Kudos to Ann Donovan and her special education team, to Ellen Cury, Terraset's retiring principal and to the other great teachers my children have had. Thank you!

Posted September 13, 2011
Terraset, it's community, staff, and PTA are top notch. With such a small population, the classrooms tend to be so much smaller than the surrounding schools. My son has had such amazing teachers every year, we know that this is just the right school for our family. I can not say enough about the leadership of the administration and the relationship that they have with the community. And our PTA... what an amazing group of parents that go above and beyond for the staff and students. We love Terraset!

Posted September 13, 2011
My family has been part of the Terraset Community for nearly four years. It is wonderful. The teachers, parents, adminsitration and environment all enable a positive learning experience. My daughter skips off to school every day with eager anticipation. Terraset offers a wide variety of academic, cultural and lifestyle opportunities in both its standard curriculum and enrichment programs... honestly, you couldn't ask for more!

Posted September 12, 2011
This school is a gem. A small school with an amazing and dedicated team of educators. Wonderful sense of community for the students and parents. Fabulous PTA. So proud to be a Terraset family.

Posted September 21, 2010
Terraset is a small school with low teacher to student ratios. There is a real sense of community where learning, mutual respect and fun are the focus. The multi-cultural nature of the Washington area and thus this school, offers a rich experience for the students.

Terraset Elementary School
11411 Ridge Heights Rd, Reston, VA  20191
Last modified Terraset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terraset Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top