Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As prospective parents to Aldrin Elementary my husband and I were blown away by the welcoming approach by the admin staff, teachers and assistant principal. They were professional, provided a wealth of information and very responsive to our needs.

The school may be ok, however the curriculum is not the best. A child in 3rd grade barely gets any homework, has no books for any of the subjects, never sees their grade! How are these kids expected to learn, to improve, to grow if they are not held accountable and are not provided with necessary resources. I am very dissappointed with the school!

My child's school is excellent. Their teachers has more experiences. We would like to chose this scholl.

Aldrin Elementary is an AWESOME school! My kids love it, I love it!The faculty is like extended family. The teachers go out of their way to make sure the children understand. Mr. Wolfe and Mrs. Gist are excellent in their leadership! Mrs. Walker, the registrar, is absolutely the sweetest woman you could ever meet! The parents are extremely involved here. I am currently looking to move, but I plan to stay in the school district so that my children can stay at Aldrin.

Aldrin has been compared to a prep school based on the parent involvement, which is immense! I think there has been a HUGE improvement with the new principal, Shane Wolfe. He is highly visible, engaged with the students, and seems very committed to excellence in an extremely demanding (wealthy) North Reston environment. The administration needs to me much more respectful, aware, and transparent during the Advanced Academic selection process. Mrs. Lewis is wonderful, but there is an elitist and dismissive approach if your child is not one of the "chosen few."

Pros: VERY high parent involvement. Wealthy area (North Reston) means the school is well-resourced Current principal appears to be a HUGE improvement over the previous one Some excellent teachers Teachers and administrators really know every child Cons: They don't do well at integrating Level IV/GT studies with the general student populations. GT is a kind of a utopia while "grade level" kids are grouped with high concentrations of ESOL or special needs kids. No after-school classes for Monday afternoons! Don't seem to be on the cutting edge of FCPS This school is very large, and very

My child started kindergarten at this school and although we moved to CA for his first grade year, it took the move to really solidify what a superb school Aldrin was for my child. I throughly enjoyed my child's teacher (Mrs. Salcedo and her TA Mrs. B) We miss them and their cheery attitude immensely. My son always felt attended to and close with the both of them. The ynurtured great friendships and really took each child into consideration for all the activities and stations. The school overall is clean, manicured and colorful. The office staff is friendly and generally knows each child. The principal (at the time) was okay, no real likes or dislikes. I enjoyed the school as well as my child but we especially enjoyed the dynamic team of Mrs. Salcedo and Mrs. B.

My son went to Kindergarten this year and going to grade 1 this year. We love this school. Teachers are great

My daughter loves this school . She is really enjoying the school. Her teachers are so nice and taught her so many things apart from syllabus.Teachers extract the skills from the students with lot of positive encouragement .I strongly recommend this school.

My son is going to Aldrin for the past 3 years. He loves his school. The school maintains good standards, he moved from a private school to this school. The management is strict and at the same time encourages kids in different activities. The teachers are very nice. They work on the issues with kids in a positive manner.My son learned alot and involved in many activities. We are very happy with Aldrin.

Last modified Aldrin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.