Richmond, VA

J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School 5

Posted May 09, 2015
I have two children attending J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School and they are thriving. Principal Moore is on the ball and she has a staff of loving, dedicated people who make me feel confident that my children are in good hands every day. THe teachers my children have experienced have been incredibly hard working , flexible and supportive and have been professional examples for the children to model and provided high bars and standards for my children to reach. It's a jewel in the rough really and I'm glad the kids are there. I have seen a great transformation in the school - the administration is creating more programs to engage the kids. My children come home raving about the "store" from which they can purchase small trinkets after excellent behavior or achievement. They have been excited about the field trips and activities from chess club to mind games and the SPACE program. DOn't judge the school by the neighborhood or the outside. The real jewel is in the inside - the teachers, staff and the gorgeous brains in some kids who may not have a fighting chance otherwise. It's a good school to check out. Take it from a picky, involved parent.

J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School 5

Posted March 31, 2009
J.E.B. Stuart Elementary, Richmond, VA. Make no mistake this is the BEST public elementary school in the state of Virginia. There are no fights, no problems, no drama, every teacher and administrator are there participating in ALL the children's activities, well being learning and just plain acting right. There is a sense of peace when I leave my kids at the sidewalk each morning with either the principal, assisitant principal or a teacher on the curb assiting my children out of the car. Greeting them with a smile and a 'Good Morning'. They make sure shirts are tucked and proper clothes are worn. There is no horse play, everything is orderly and neat. And guess what is most important. THE KIDS ARE HAPPY. THEY LOVE IT. AND SO DO I.

J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School

Posted June 25, 2008
I don't think you'll find a more dedicated, loving and phenomenal Principal than Mrs. Jennifer Moore. She upholds her 'Open Door' policy and is easily accesible for discussion about any concerns regarding your child's education. I have seen her and the Assistant Principal go the extra mile for the students, even after the school bell has rung for dismissal. 3 other teachers I hold in high esteem are Mrs. McGill (K), Mrs. Eldridge and Mrs. Evans (Pre-K). They too exhibited genuine love and concern for my children, making their first year of public school rewarding.

J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School
3101 Fendall Ave, Richmond, VA  23222
Last modified J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J.E.B. Stuart Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top