Richmond, VA

Posted September 25, 2014
The teachers care and the community takes ownership in the school. Overall a positive outlook.

Albert Hill Middle School 4

Posted March 20, 2014
My daughter's teachers are excellent, caring, nurturing and have high expectations. I highly recommend this school. She is in the advanced classes and her elective class teachers have been very good too. Support Albert Hill Middle School.

Albert Hill Middle School 1

Posted September 23, 2013
This school is lacking in every way. Horrible principals. They only survive a few years or so

Albert Hill Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
We have had an exceptional experience. My child is in all honors and advanced classes with teachers that truly engage, challenge, and uplift the students. My daughter comes home talking about what she is learning and can apply it to our visits to museums, conversations with adults and her peers, and has better understanding of current events with her newly-learned contexts. It's a dynamic city school with kids who range widely in ethnicity and socio-economic background. I wish Hill had more choices for after-school programs, but we love being part of this school which has worked so hard to improve its reputation. I have had a lot of interaction with administration there. Principals and staff have always known who my child is and have taken the time to get to know her. We love Hill. I wish people would cut it some slack and not judge based on the high minority enrollment. The school is clean and beautiful (wood floors, fire places in some of the classrooms, elegant tilework and architecture). I consistently recommend Hill for middle school to others.

Albert Hill Middle School 1

Posted June 30, 2013
Horrible school! My son was bullied ALL three years while he was there. Some of his teachers were great and you had a few that really didn't care about the children. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Albert Hill Middle School 3

Posted December 20, 2011
Albert H. Hill Middle School is not a terrible school, but not too great either. I think that there are way too many tests taking place at this school. It seems to be more test oriented than learning oriented;but its not their fault. I think thats a kind of mandatory system. The school also seems to be somewhat disorganized. For a couple of days, my sister had been attending the wrong classes. Why hadnt the school faculty picked up on that earlier?

Posted December 18, 2009
I am currently in the 8th grade at ahh!!! i love this school ive made great friends.Great teachers great kids great principal great school!

Albert Hill Middle School 3

Posted May 27, 2009

Albert Hill Middle School 0

Posted May 01, 2009
This school is fantastic...if your child is in the honors or advanced courses. The special ed philosophy is an inclusion model and can only be facilitated in the core classes, where a majority of the bussed students end up. There is an enormous disparity between the two groups, which fosters resentment of certain students by academic core students. My child has special education needs but is also gifted so he got thrown in academic core in order to receive services. He's absolutely miserable there and is constantly harassed. Coming from Mary Munford, I expected a lot. One of his teachers is exceptional, several are good, one is appalling. The administration is very nice, but we won't be returning.

Posted April 24, 2009
I have a son in 6th grade at AHH. He loves it and it has been a good environment for him. The administration is awesome. Mr. Kight is very responsive and involved and does not tolerate poor behavior. The school building is beautiful and well taken care of in all of it's splendor. There is a core group of involved parents. The teachers are excellent as well. I would like to see more parents involved. I would certainly recommend this school highly to any parent considering middle schools.

Albert Hill Middle School
3400 Patterson Ave, Richmond, VA  23221
Last modified Albert Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albert Hill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top