Bad
Good

The school is in a newly built building, but the education is horrible. My son is not getting a good education here at all. They constantly mix him up with other children. One time they tried to convince me my son was fighting and was going to be suspended. After I further questioned this, they discovered it wasn't even my son. I beg you, if you are able to please do not put your child into this school. I will be removing my son from this school at the end of the school year. If I could do it now, I will. I am in the process of writing my concerns to the school board to inform them of my dissatisfaction. My son was regressing at one point, despite his dad and I working with him. Now we've begun working more aggressively with our son because even though he is supposed to be in Kindergarten, learning to read, and progressing, he is not. I feel as if I am sending him to daycare instead of actual school. I keep complaining about the level of progress my son is making ( bc they are doing things he has done since he was 3 years old) and we are now going into almost 4 months of school without any progressing. Please avoid this school.

I am a former teacher at Oak Grove. I worked through the 5 princcipals in 6 years. The first of these was about to retire and offered no leadership. The next four each came into the school with an agenda that neither sought nor accepted any input from faculty or community. The entier central office staff as well as the onsite administration shows little but contempt for the school and the community of Oak Grove. An administration that worked with faculty and community to develop an educational plan based on the needs of the children could make that school effective and a blessing for the children.

Last modified Oak Grove/Bellemeade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.