Bad
Good

Posted May 13, 2015
Great school! Great community! Fox is one of the very best schools In the area.

William Fox Elementary School 2

Posted October 24, 2014
4 years ago, you couldn't talk negative about William Fox to me, NOW, oh forget it! Definitely not what it use to be. Some of the teachers.. I mean, why are they there? Why are they "teaching"? Seems to me as if they chose the wrong career. Just my two cents. Choose another school.

Posted October 13, 2014
(2) I ignored the off-putting manner in which she refused to accommodate a working mother and moved forward, contacting the Downtown YMCA about their before- and after-care programs.$80 per child PER WEEK, and they only give about 50% off if you need financial assistance. That's $320 a month IF you get assistance, plus the before-school program was wait listed. I told the individual I spoke to that I am a single mother and was there no way they could fit in two more children because if I didn't have child care, I couldn't move, and they did not budge. There was no sympathy, no options given, no offer to figure something out, nothing. Basically the attitude was, if you can't afford to live in the Fan, you don't need to be in this school and we don't have anything for you. Long story short, I'm stuck where I'm at and had to let an amazing, affordable apartment, right by my job no less, go because of the complete lack of care the administration and the YMCA had for me as a single, working mother.

Posted October 13, 2014
(1) Do not move to the Fox district if you have any kind of financial need whatsoever. I got approved for an amazing and affordable apartment in Scott's Addition and contacted the school to schedule a tour, and so I could get an idea of their academic vision and curriculum. The principal advised me that she only does a tour once a month, because she's "so busy" and it's "only an hour." I work M-F 9-5. I asked could she meet me a little earlier. Oh, no no no. I have to drop off my OWN children. Was there no vice principal, guidance counselor, nobody who would meet with me? Obviously not because no mention was made of it. I asked her about before and after school care and she had no information at all, and told me I had to contact the downtown YMCA. What kind of administrator has no information to provide about programs going on in their school? The whole conversation was extremely rude and she made no attempt to give another option, nor did she act as if she even cared to meet me or my children.

Posted August 20, 2014
The community of parents at Fox are great; however, the Administration leaves much to be desired much of the time. Definitely get some legal advice if your child needs an IEP; blatant disregard of Federal and State IDEA Act is commonplace here.

Posted December 06, 2013
You think its going to be great, they dont even know the commonwealth VA laws?! its incredible how inept this staff is, They are behind on testing and academics as well.

Posted September 06, 2011
My three daughters attend this school and it was the best choice we ever made to move them into this district.

Posted July 20, 2011
I am a parent, and my son attended Wm. Fox and this would be one of the top Elementry Schools in Richmond, Va. My son was eager to get to school every morning, this school is beyond awesome; if you can get your child in please do, you won't be disappointed. Two thumbs up for the school and teachers, and especially Ms. Campbell....Tory and I miss you very much.

Posted March 20, 2011
I am in the 7th grade now at IB which is a hard program to get into and now i see that alot of the people there are from fox. This says that fox has prepared so many people for the IB program. The acedemics are amazing. The office staff are very on piont making it now only a good school for the student but also a breeze for the parents who are trying to interact with the school. There are so many activities that take your mind off of school. To conclude i would tell you to do what ever you can to get your child into this school. :)

William Fox Elementary School

Posted September 17, 2009
Strong academically and wonderfully diverse with a true appreciation for the arts.

William Fox Elementary School
2300 Hanover Ave, Richmond, VA  23220
Last modified William Fox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.