Broad Rock Elementary School 5

Posted May 27, 2014
I have two children that attend this school. They are in Kindergarten and the First grade. I love this school! The staff is respectable and friendly. My son is doing great and my daughter is excelling further than we expected. The curriculum is great and I love that they assign homework. We moved here from Oklahoma and the curriculum there wasn't what we liked. There was no homework and no standards set for reading and math. Even the after school care teachers are great. It was been a wonderful experience for me and my family.

Broad Rock Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2013
Horrible school. They use to be awesome, but this year it has all gone down hill. The bullying is out of control, the kids are out of control. I don't necessarily blame the teachers, but they seem to afraid to do anything about it. I feel bad for them, such a nice new school. We did not feel safe sending our boys there any longer, and have moved in with a family member until we can sell our house and purchase another. It is that bad. Parents need to stop being a friend and be a parent, with structure and good morals so that there children know how to respect people and grow up and be productive members of society. such a shame.

Broad Rock Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2013
Im a proud father of a BroadRock student. We moved to Richmond in the summer of 2012. My daughter started the second grade with one teacher who I met and finished with another whom i met as well, loved them. They showed so much genuine dedication to her, she started and remained amongst the top students. Scholar role all year long, baby. We saw the old building go and the new state of the art school open. You would not know the difference the kids, well mine transitioned without a blip. Great job administrators and blue collar workers alike.

Broad Rock Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2008
Broad Rock may have been an excellent a very long time ago, but it's an awful school in every aspect. My daughter is in third grade, and my son is in kindergarten. The first of the year my daughter was constanly bullied at least everyday. I had a meeting with the principal, the assistant principal, and the guidance couselor. NO HELP! is what the gave me. These people is all about themselves, and you better not interfer in their little circle. They drive thier fancy cars, and pretend like thier working all the time. This school is a big joke. The school board is thinking about rebuilding the school, because the school is crumbling into little pieces. Waiting two years to do the rebuilding will be a catastophe in waiting. When my kids go off to school everyday I feel so sad for them. First and last year.

Broad Rock Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2005
The school is great. The administration staff are rude and unkind. The teachers are excellent. The academic criteria is great.

Broad Rock Elementary School
4615 Ferguson Ln, Richmond, VA  23234
Last modified Broad Rock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broad Rock Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top