Posted January 29, 2014
This school has an excellent staff and gives all students a chance to succeed in regards to their education. The principal is a caring and kind-hearted individual who cares about every student in the entire school. I should know because I attended this school in elementary school. The teachers work at their best to provide the students with the information they need.

Posted July 29, 2013
This is an amazing school. From the small class sizes to the personal attention from the faculty, staff and administration. Fisher is a family that truly cares about the best for its students. Parents, grandparents, and extended family can all be seen at school helping out on any given day. I love this school and would recommend it to any family in the Richmond City area. It's hard to find a school of this caliber in the city as I had been at another one that truly embodied the reputation that city schools have. Fisher totally turned my perspective on city schools around to a positive one. We LOVE Fisher!!!!

Posted June 04, 2013
J.B. Fisher Elementary School - excellent staff and very hard working students. Too much homework on the weekend. Parents and grandparents are strongly involved with the students and academic leaders. However, I believe the kids are sent to private schools.

Posted February 28, 2011
Fisher is an exceptional school. It is diverse, and well kept. The teachers range from good to excellent. The Principle and Assist are outstanding. They work with each child as an individual. The children are socially appropriate, and respectfull (compared to other Richmond Schools the environment is stellar). I recommend this school to any and everyone. You want to move to this school zone for elementary level education!

Posted July 27, 2010
This is 1 out of 2 schools, I will love for any child to attend. The principal, teacher and other staffs work very excellent with children with normal to special needs behaviors. And the staffs works with parents, too.

Posted June 09, 2010
J.B. Fisher has been the most wonderful surprise!! We had no idea what a fantastic gem this school was. Everyone talks about a couple of other Richmond City public schools but J.B. Fisher is the best by far! Thank you to all of the great staff, teachers, and families that make it so special!

Posted May 27, 2009
I love this school! I moved my children from another school to Fisher. My only regret is that I wasn't able to move them sooner. The Principal is a gem and their afterschool program is awesome! The parents are involved and the teachers are an asset. I love the diversity which is hard to find in Richmond Public Schools. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted May 27, 2009
I'm shocked at Fisher's overall rating. This is an excellent elementary school. The principal, teachers, and staff are all involved in the students' academic progress. There is overwhelming community support and participation. Parents are welcome and encouraged to be an integral part of the learning process for their children. I have two children and they both attended J. B. Fisher Elementary School. The school provided them with a good foundation which I believe has greatly attributed to their academic success.

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted November 02, 2008

J.B. Fisher Elementary School
3701 Garden Rd, Richmond, VA  23235
Last modified J.B. Fisher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J.B. Fisher Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top