John Marshall High School 1

Posted June 10, 2014
My school needs improvement! The facility is falling apart and some of the teachers and administrators needs to be reevaluated on how to treat students, how to teach students, and how to respect every one as an individual instead of being prejudice towards all. We are all not the same. This school has little to offer this year; it is very unchallenged academically. Majority of the activities organized here are neither organized nor efficient; it is very untimely. This school wasted a year of my academic time to become a better student and has caused nothing but stress.

John Marshall High School 2

Posted May 06, 2014
teachers do their best to pass these kids, even if it means putting in fake assignments to raise the grades. there are fights all the time, almost every day. no ethnic diversity, its 99% black, i think theres two or three white kids in the whole school. there are some decent teachers, if your thinking about sending your kid here, encourage them to take AP classes, for they are far easier here than at any other schools.

Posted April 24, 2009
I have 2 students who attend John Marshall. The teacher's i have dealt with seeem to care about my children. But from time to time a run across a few who just teach and that's it. The principal attitude towards students,staff and parents is snobby and sometimes down right disrespectful. Academically my children are on a good path.

John Marshall High School 3

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
My son is a senior and football players with the best coaches in the world and teachers. I love the staff.

Posted December 17, 2008
I attend John Marshall... and it's not as bad as everyone makes it seems. The staff are excellent in my opinion. They aren't like most of the teachers in other schools, most of them really care about the students. And I graduate in 2011, and have seen the school go through a lot and have bad times.( which have been seen on the news) But it never get acknowledged that we are fully accredited, and have some of the highest SOL scores in all of RPS. It looks bad because most of the students who attend are all from different 'hoods' and neighborhoods and come together and act a fool. But that is in every school especially Armstrong. But yet & still John Marshall is known as the worst!!

John Marshall High School 1

Posted July 31, 2008

John Marshall High School 3

Posted March 03, 2008
I do believe more can be done with the staff as far as... pretty much discipline. I mean, I know of some teachers who are sometimes even frightened by some of their students. Other than the behavioural issues and whatnot, it's a pretty O.K. school.

John Marshall High School 5

Posted October 26, 2007

John Marshall High School 4

Posted April 05, 2006
- a former student
I am graduating student of John Marshall High School. Despite what many may say and think about John Marshall it is a great school to attend. If more parents would get involved with the school and their children the school would not be in the state that it is now. Teachers can only do but so much if the kids have a I don't care attitude what can you do? So before you judge that or any school take a walk in the faculty's shoes and than make a comment.

John Marshall High School
4225 Old Brook Rd, Richmond, VA  23227
Last modified John Marshall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Marshall High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top