Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 19, 2016
Some teachers give you homework every class some don't. I've only had a lot of math homework and a couple of English hw. It's only a lot if you are just 1 lazy person.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 19, 2016
Everybody has respect but not everyone shows it. Some students are so disrespectful to the point where it becomes the new normal. They mistreat the building and eachother. They talk about other students and adults . *insecure* it's a good thing that people change and grow up..we'll at least some people

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 19, 2016
There are a hand full of adults that care about their students passing. The science teachers: Mr.Z , Ms.S, Ms.K, and Ms.L. I might have missed others but these are the teachers I know by name. All of the math teachers, i only know 2 history teachers Mr.S and Mr.R. if you are a good student or respectful or at least have more pro's then cons then they will show that they care when you struggle and if you are upset. I don't know all the English teachers but my teacher Mr.M is the best teacher ever. He's like a little kid in a grown man's body. He dressed as Winnie the pooh on Disney Day. He is low key funny and just fun to be around. 1 teacher that is caring and empathetic is Ms.J . She teaches Family Relations and Nutrition and wellness. She shows more of tough love though so the way she says things may seem a bit too much but her advice is very helpful. Mr.C is caring and empathetic and compassionate. He offers his help when he sees that you're upset, Or he just ask how are you doing. He is the person to go to. Ms.A is caring and encouraging. She is one of the grade coordinators at the school. If you have stuff on your mind go to your guidance counselor . Ms.M and the principal are caring and compassionate but they can only tell you so many times to do the right thing.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 19, 2016
I feel like some authority in the school try to better Armstrong but some students like acting up and being disobedient. The bad kids ruin Alot of stuff for the entire school. I personally think every student needs a backbone. Someone who will encourage them and not give up on them and make sure that the student is doing the right thing.

Armstrong High School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
Armstrong High School is full of caring teachers and students who are willing and want to learn, unfortunately, there are always a few students, who make it bad, for the school as a whole. What would really make the school better, is to just put the kids who are disrespectful, violent and ignorant beyond measure out! Stop tolerating their foolishness, so the teachers can teach, and the students can learn. It is time to make the students and parents more accountable, and stop putting the total blame on teachers. As a parent, I have been inside Armstrong and seen teachers go the extra mile, with their time, patience and their money, to help the students. Armstrong isn't a perfect school, but it has the potential to be a great school, with the right support from the parents, students and the community.

Armstrong High School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
I've been attending Armstrong for a year now and while the school as a whole itself isn't what it should be, most teachers are awesome! I wouldn't have expected to meet such warm, loving, caring people in such a violent place. I've gotten use to it and learned to avoid the drama, violence, peer pressure and the Gang affiliation. Being at Armstrong has taught me to control my temper and think about the best possible way to diffuse a situation. I'm not sure if I'm happy about attending the school but I'm sure I have learned very valuable lessons there . Lately, the school and student have made some improvements. I personally see my classmates more willingly eager to get involve in school, school activities.

Armstrong High School 3

Posted August 21, 2013
I've been attending Armstrong for three years now and while the school itself isn't what it should be, the teachers are awesome! I wouldn't have expected to meet such warm, loving, caring people in such a violent place. I've gotten use to it and learned to avoid the drama, violence, peer pressure and the Gang affiliation. Being at Armstrong has taught me to control my temper and think about the best possible way to diffuse a situation. I'm not sure if I'm happy about attending the school but I'm sure I have learned very valuable lessons there.

Armstrong High School 1

Posted July 25, 2013
This school is the absolute WORST school I have ever been to. Its dirty, bugs crawl all through the school, and the children are so disrespectful and rude. I will always downgrade this school because it is just that bad. The teachers don't care, and the principal doesn't do anything about it. There is also a very high rate of violence at that school. I have never been so scared to attend some place like I have with Armstrong.

Armstrong High School 4

Posted May 03, 2009
I think our school is a good school and no one should be afraid of us. We do have some intellegent students in our school. We also have a lot of smart people who makes wrong choices.

Posted August 10, 2008
i go to the myself and its alright for a high school in the city. There are also things that they could improve on as far as the teachers. Some of them aren't trained tyhe way they need to be in order to teach the curriculum in a way that everyone in the class understands what they're talking about.

2300 Cool Ln, Richmond, VA  23223
Last modified Armstrong High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.