Richmond, VA

Posted August 23, 2014
My son came to St. Mary's for middle school only and we have loved it! The teachers are excellent, the curriculum challenging, and the community of parents and students welcoming and friendly. After attending public school, we welcome the spiritual aspect as well. Father Renniger does a wonderful job of reaching the students during Wednesday mass. We plan for our other children to attend St. Mary's for middle school.

Posted June 11, 2014
Our family was greatly disappointed with Saint Mary's. As with every school, there are wonderful teachers and ones that need to go. Saint Mary's has both, but more of the latter. The school's principal is also heavily influenced by several families whose monetary contributions run deep into his pockets. Not much happens without their input. One person in the office staff also shares personal family information and seems to lose many applications. For the money, there are much better schools in Richmond.

Posted February 28, 2014
This is a nice school that could be a lot better. The teachers are subpar as is the principal. There is selective enforcement of the "rules". The families form a wonderful community, however, and this is why we stayed. My children learned a lot in the lower grades (despite some ridiculous projects that could only be done with tons of adult help) by but grade 4 were bored with the curriculum (and overdone religion), tired of teachers who couldn't get it together, and irked by the gossipy office staff.

Posted March 19, 2012
Excellent school - my sons have attended since 3rd and 1st grade, respectively, and we have had a wonderful experience. Bright peers, involved parents, and highly competent teachers some of whom could be successful university professors have worked to mold our sons into bright young men. I am pleased that they are graduating from this institution.

Posted February 24, 2012
Our family LOVES St. Mary's! The school has been very supportive for all of our children. We feel like the school is a part of our family. Academically, our children are challenged and supported by the educators. The administration is thoughtful and consistently strives to provide a quality program based on the student's developmental needs and parent feedback. Our children are truly receiving an exceptional experience in a caring community!

Posted January 27, 2010
I love this school! It's so good compared to my old school-public school. My parents say they are very impressed with the school and that everyone there is so envolved. I reccomend that you send your kids to Saint Mary's! I've had a wonderful experience.

Posted November 09, 2009
Small Catholic private school. It is very challenging for the students, however it is not very Catholic. If you want a traditional Catholic School, this is not the one!

St Mary's Catholic School 1

Posted September 23, 2009

St Mary's Catholic School 2

Posted June 27, 2009
I am a student at Saint Mary's School, and honestly, I do not like it at all. Some of the teachers change when a certain quiz or test is constantly, and some of the teachers do not even teach the information, they just ask questions. Also some of the kids can be really mean, and it can lower your self-confidence. They make the students backpacks an overload, more than it should be. And they are way too tough on the kids. Yes, it's good to have some discipline, but several extra miles is way too much.

St Mary's Catholic School 4

Posted September 11, 2008

St Mary's Catholic School
9501 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA  23229
Last modified St Mary's Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary's Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top