Richmond, VA

Posted May 18, 2013
I'm starting to wonder if sending my kids to St. Bridget's was the right decision. In fact, I was told by one of the teachers I should consider other schooling options. If your child isn't perfect, it is suggested that they should be tested and medicated. The classes are huge and the teacher can't or won't give children they extra help they need.

St Bridget School 4

Posted October 22, 2012
To the poster dated July 9, 2012, the original comment to which I was referring in my post on May 21, has apparently been removed. The context is lost now.

Posted July 09, 2012
To the poster dated May 21, 2012: in K-3, there is definitely one full-time aide per classroom. In 4th grade in 2011-2012, there was one aide between two classes of 25+. If, as you say, "boys are much more immature than the girls" then I think you're judging them by the "act like girls" standards. I have had both boys and girls at St Bridget. The teachers shout because the classes are too big and the boys tend to be "much more immature than the girls." Yes, they act out and display juvenile behavior (your words) which can be managed if a teacher is trained and interested in helping the boys.

Posted March 27, 2012
My son graduated from St Bridget in 2005 and although we were satisfied with many parts of his education, the Catholic schools simply don't have the resources to teach to the very bright or the below average. In retrospect we may have put him in a public school to take advantage of the enriched courses offered there. There were definitely teachers who were on the weak side a academically, and as a parent I found that the administration didn't take kindly to any criticism of said teachers. On the plus side, our son received the religious education we wanted him to have and left school with a certain amount of discipline and respect for others that he probably wouldn't have gotten in a public school. He went on to a rigorous program at our local public school and is now excelling in college.

St Bridget School 5

Posted May 19, 2011
Excellent "National Blue Ribbon" School. Great parental involvement and caring involved teachers. Lots of activates for students, nice facilities and great educational outcomes.

St Bridget School 5

Posted November 17, 2010
Excellent school! Great teachers and strong academics, including foreign languages. Family oriented environment. I am very satisfied!

Posted August 26, 2003