Richmond, VA

Grove Avenue Christian School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
I avoided writing this review for quite some time. I really wanted this school to work for my son. My son entered in middle school with three new students in his class and about 15 students who had been together since elementary school. The children at this school are not friendly and downright mean to newcomers. I get this happens at this age. However, these students act no differently than students at public school. Every transfer student in my son's grade eventually left. Though I can't speak for the other parents, I know the lack of friendliness and just outright meanness was the main reason we left. The teachers are very nice, but there is a lack of qualification. I can verify what another reviewer has said about eighth grade English notes being cut and paste. The workload is crazy and the teachers don't properly use the school's online assignment syllabus. As a parent, you're always left wondering what assignments your student has for the night. So if you want your child to be trained in "intolerant" Christianity that gives all of us a bad name, then this is the school for you.

Grove Avenue Christian School 1

Posted April 18, 2015
I put my son in this school after several years of home schooling. The children at this school are mean and bullying. My son was bullied at this supposedly Christian School. The curriculum is antiquated. Eight grade English involved cutting and pasting notes. The teachers and staff are nice but poorly trained. So if you want your child to be a mindless robot, this school is for you. As an ordained minister I was deeply shocked at the school culture. Very unsatisfactory.

Grove Avenue Christian School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
the is a really great school and it is very clean they really try to teach the subject great school one bad thing is that the pe is to short

Grove Avenue Christian School
8701 Ridge Rd, Richmond, VA  23229
Last modified Grove Avenue Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Grove Avenue Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top