Richmond, VA

Grove Avenue Christian School 5

Posted June 09, 2015
My children have attended Grove for more than 6 years. We have had a wonderful experience. I am sorry to read about the two angry reviews. Yes, no school is perfect, but the teachers are great and encouraging. The curriculum can be somewhat challenging, but It makes the students work hard and will definitely be helpful in their futures. Easy learning is never a good thing. I want my children challenged! Every school has bullies....after all, these are kids! Let's not place all the blame on the school, behavior starts at home! Let's work together to teach these young people, what is not acceptable. My kids have always liked the engaging teaching styles at Grove. They may not always follow the book, but are taught in a way, to keep the kids interested. I also love that Grove feels like a big family. The students, as well as their parents have a special Christian bond. I am sorry that a handful of new students felt out of place, because this is not the opinion of most of the families, that attend Grove. My kids ask us frequently, to never take them out of Grove, they love their school! We are looking forward, to all the great new classes for the fall!

Grove Avenue Christian School 5

Posted June 08, 2015
After reding the Last two reviews I felt led to write my own review. I LOVE this school. Every school has difficult students and parents, and grove is no exception to that. But, there are way too many good students, teachers, and parents for me to sit back and be okay with two parents trying to make Grove look bad. I truly believe Grove deals with each individual on their level and handles all disciplinary issues with love and grace. No one is perfect, including the students of parents who are the ones complaining all the time. Specifically, I want to address the cutting and pasting remarks. This does occur in middle school and I love it and so do the kids! It's called reaching the kids in a way that sticks. It's not listening to a lecture all the time or working In a textbook. Hands on learning is what they do, and it should be done in all schools. I'm thankful for the teachers that take the time to make education a fun and memorable learning experience. Keep cutting and pasting! Keep making learning fun! When my child, and most of the kids in the school come home and tell us they love school, then I know it's the place to be!!!

Grove Avenue Christian School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
I avoided writing this review for quite some time. I really wanted this school to work for my son. My son entered in middle school with three new students in his class and about 15 students who had been together since elementary school. The children at this school are not friendly and downright mean to newcomers. I get this happens at this age. However, these students act no differently than students at public school. Every transfer student in my son's grade eventually left. Though I can't speak for the other parents, I know the lack of friendliness and just outright meanness was the main reason we left. The teachers are very nice, but there is a lack of qualification. I can verify what another reviewer has said about eighth grade English notes being cut and paste. The workload is crazy and the teachers don't properly use the school's online assignment syllabus. As a parent, you're always left wondering what assignments your student has for the night. So if you want your child to be trained in "intolerant" Christianity that gives all of us a bad name, then this is the school for you.

Grove Avenue Christian School 1

Posted April 18, 2015
I put my son in this school after several years of home schooling. The children at this school are mean and bullying. My son was bullied at this supposedly Christian School. The curriculum is antiquated. Eight grade English involved cutting and pasting notes. The teachers and staff are nice but poorly trained. So if you want your child to be a mindless robot, this school is for you. As an ordained minister I was deeply shocked at the school culture. Very unsatisfactory.

Grove Avenue Christian School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
the is a really great school and it is very clean they really try to teach the subject great school one bad thing is that the pe is to short

Grove Avenue Christian School
8701 Ridge Rd, Richmond, VA  23229
Last modified Grove Avenue Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Grove Avenue Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top