PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 07, 2015
After visiting Montessori and Waldorf, we enrolled our son. We now have our 3, 5 and 7 year olds attending and it was the best decision we ever made! The kids love going to school! They heard French lullabies in preschool and now in the grades my son is learning Russian and Spanish. The children learn in a fun way and actually grasp the concepts and develop a love to learn. My son also has sensory issues, and the staff have always been very helpful and really look for the greatest good for each individual child. Not only is the curriculum excellent, but some of the outdoor play included bicycle lessons, safety and a field trip to see the Worlds in our own backyard, not to mention walks to Maymont, "work" at the Botanical Gardens and other community service. After three years, I cannot wait to see my children doing what I see the older kids doing! And the alumni seem to be doing well in top schools, a product of a Waldorf education! Thanks to all the teachers and staff! We love you, and so do our children!

Richmond Waldorf School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
These values are at the core of the Waldorf education and one of the many reasons my daughter attends this school.

Posted May 24, 2013
My School is Richmond Waldorf School. The student always travel for the end of the year class trips. Great life experience

Posted May 18, 2013
Richmond Waldorf is a great place to work. The best part of the school is the children. They are attentive, responsive, fun-loving, and good-natured. It's a joy to work with them every day. As a community of teachers and parents we have our challenges, but that's what keeps us real and keeps us growing. Check out Richmond Waldorf School if you want a truly meaningful education for your child!

Posted May 18, 2013
Richmond Waldorf offers truly holistic education. Children are given the skills and confidence to flourish as they move forward in life - they have a deep sense of self and their abilities. My children were well prepared for competitive high schools. Where else can a child learn to play violin and recorder, paint beautifully, engage in woodworking projects, study Russian, take farm and backpacking class trips while mastering academic subjects. Waldorf kids love school

Posted November 13, 2012
"I like the teachers" "we have a lot of outdoor play" "we do a lot of drawing and painting" "we gather together on Fridays--the whole school-and show what we are working on like plays,music,poems, songs and dances." "I have lots of good friends". From my son in 4th grade We have been at the school since kindergarten

Posted May 07, 2012
My oldest son is completing his 8th grade year at RWS having been a student there since he was 4 years old. He has grown into a deep thinker, a prolific reader, he has an inexhaustible interest in science, history and politics and just aced a practice Algebra I SOL. In addition, he has developed skills in the performing and visual arts. Not the most social kid by nature, his Waldorf experience has helped him develop real and lasting connections with classmates and teachers. I am very proud to say that he will be attending a Governor's school for high school next fall. I would say that Waldorf has prepared my son not just for high school, but for life.

Posted April 12, 2012
I cannot imagine a better place to start off an education. Both our daughters have attended Richmond Waldorf and we couldn't be happier with the whole experience. Something we as a society forget that our children need to learn is how to be good humans. Without that, the rest is really very unimportant. Richmond Waldorf is teaching the whole child and starting with the basics that are so often overlooked. It is truly inspiring to witness what a child is capable of when allowed to develop in this kind of environment.

Posted March 30, 2012
We started the process of Waldorf for just Kindergarten...then, we could not leave because we saw tangible benefits within our children. They are amazing, well-rounded children, and I attribute it to the reinforcement of what goes on at home in their class. We now have 5 children, and will do everything we can to keep all of them there through 8th grade!

Posted March 24, 2012
The Richmond Waldorf School is beyond good - it's the best. It's the kind of place that makes you, as a parent, wish you could start all over again in kindergarten and do it yourself. There's magic, energy, and love in this school that you can't find anywhere else. The staff's understanding of the needs of children of every age, the ability to meet them where they are, and the thoughtfulness and care taken with lessons and activities, places the school above the rest. And for the lucky kids going through it - well, it's not "school," as perhaps other children are experiencing "school." This is home, this is discovery, and this is learning at its best. Where else can you see both kindergartners and eighth graders alike racing to the doors, eager to begin a day at school? If you're looking for a unique, loving, personalized approach to learning, check out the Richmond Waldorf School!

Richmond Waldorf School
1000 Westover Hills Blvd, Richmond, VA  23225
Last modified Richmond Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8