Richmond, VA

Posted May 24, 2013
My School is Richmond Waldorf School. The student always travel for the end of the year class trips. Great life experience

Posted May 18, 2013
Richmond Waldorf is a great place to work. The best part of the school is the children. They are attentive, responsive, fun-loving, and good-natured. It's a joy to work with them every day. As a community of teachers and parents we have our challenges, but that's what keeps us real and keeps us growing. Check out Richmond Waldorf School if you want a truly meaningful education for your child!

Posted May 18, 2013
Richmond Waldorf offers truly holistic education. Children are given the skills and confidence to flourish as they move forward in life - they have a deep sense of self and their abilities. My children were well prepared for competitive high schools. Where else can a child learn to play violin and recorder, paint beautifully, engage in woodworking projects, study Russian, take farm and backpacking class trips while mastering academic subjects. Waldorf kids love school

Posted November 13, 2012
"I like the teachers" "we have a lot of outdoor play" "we do a lot of drawing and painting" "we gather together on Fridays--the whole school-and show what we are working on like plays,music,poems, songs and dances." "I have lots of good friends". From my son in 4th grade We have been at the school since kindergarten

Posted May 07, 2012
My oldest son is completing his 8th grade year at RWS having been a student there since he was 4 years old. He has grown into a deep thinker, a prolific reader, he has an inexhaustible interest in science, history and politics and just aced a practice Algebra I SOL. In addition, he has developed skills in the performing and visual arts. Not the most social kid by nature, his Waldorf experience has helped him develop real and lasting connections with classmates and teachers. I am very proud to say that he will be attending a Governor's school for high school next fall. I would say that Waldorf has prepared my son not just for high school, but for life.

Posted April 12, 2012
I cannot imagine a better place to start off an education. Both our daughters have attended Richmond Waldorf and we couldn't be happier with the whole experience. Something we as a society forget that our children need to learn is how to be good humans. Without that, the rest is really very unimportant. Richmond Waldorf is teaching the whole child and starting with the basics that are so often overlooked. It is truly inspiring to witness what a child is capable of when allowed to develop in this kind of environment.

Posted March 30, 2012
We started the process of Waldorf for just Kindergarten...then, we could not leave because we saw tangible benefits within our children. They are amazing, well-rounded children, and I attribute it to the reinforcement of what goes on at home in their class. We now have 5 children, and will do everything we can to keep all of them there through 8th grade!

Posted March 24, 2012
The Richmond Waldorf School is beyond good - it's the best. It's the kind of place that makes you, as a parent, wish you could start all over again in kindergarten and do it yourself. There's magic, energy, and love in this school that you can't find anywhere else. The staff's understanding of the needs of children of every age, the ability to meet them where they are, and the thoughtfulness and care taken with lessons and activities, places the school above the rest. And for the lucky kids going through it - well, it's not "school," as perhaps other children are experiencing "school." This is home, this is discovery, and this is learning at its best. Where else can you see both kindergartners and eighth graders alike racing to the doors, eager to begin a day at school? If you're looking for a unique, loving, personalized approach to learning, check out the Richmond Waldorf School!

Posted March 23, 2012
I love this school. The peace & beauty & love with which my son & the other children are surrounded is something I don't think could be found elsewhere. I also appreciate that the Waldorf teaching method is developmentally appropriate for the children. It meets them where they are. For example, in 8th grade when everyone is rebelling against everything - this is when they study the world's great revolutions. The children are exposed to nature and art and music and mathematics and language constantly in a fully integrated way which is so beautiful - allowing them to learn deeply and thoroughly. Truly I feel that this approach to education, as practiced by the Richmond Waldorf School produces fantastic, giving, bright, and prepared-for-the-future-whatsoever-it-may-hold people. What a better world this would be if everyone was educated in such a fashion.

Posted March 23, 2012
Remember the saying, "we share a negative experience ten times but we share our positive experiences only once or twice?" That saying came to mind as I skimmed these reviews. Each parent writing here is an active force for good in their child's lives. Different schools meet the needs of different children. It is sad whenever a family's first choice of school does not live up to expectations. Even more sad is that parents continue to question other parent's decisions about how to educate their own children. My son has loved his RWS experience. And I was surprised to receive calls from private middle schools asking us to apply. Maybe that has something to do wtih the smaller upper grades? In any case more good than bad is being created at Richmond Waldorf School.

Richmond Waldorf School
1000 Westover Hills Blvd, Richmond, VA  23225
Last modified Richmond Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Richmond Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top