PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

no bullying tolerated; children who are aggressive have been asked to leave the school

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

best part of my son's education has been having children with different learning styles in the classroom

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

unique leadership structure--all teachers involved in leadership decisions

Develops character: Strongly disagree

absolutely....make sure you go to the Friday gathering. Each week the classes perform either poems, songs or plays. All the students know each other and there is wonderful camaraderie

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

all teachers at the school know my son and have been part of his education

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

homework increases steadily in the middle school years.

what I love about a Waldorf Education: yesterday my mom and I were heading out to a community art studio to make protest wear for the Women's March on Washington. Grandma says, "I want to have a dove on my hat, Calder draw me a dove." Without batting an eye, my 14 year old grabs a pen and dashes off a beautiful dove with an olive branch. This is a boy boy whose main passion is soccer and basketball.

After visiting Montessori and Waldorf, we enrolled our son. We now have our 3, 5 and 7 year olds attending and it was the best decision we ever made! The kids love going to school! They heard French lullabies in preschool and now in the grades my son is learning Russian and Spanish. The children learn in a fun way and actually grasp the concepts and develop a love to learn. My son also has sensory issues, and the staff have always been very helpful and really look for the greatest good for each individual child. Not only is the curriculum excellent, but some of the outdoor play included bicycle lessons, safety and a field trip to see the Worlds in our own backyard, not to mention walks to Maymont, "work" at the Botanical Gardens and other community service. After three years, I cannot wait to see my children doing what I see the older kids doing! And the alumni seem to be doing well in top schools, a product of a Waldorf education! Thanks to all the teachers and staff! We love you, and so do our children!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

These values are at the core of the Waldorf education and one of the many reasons my daughter attends this school.

My School is Richmond Waldorf School. The student always travel for the end of the year class trips. Great life experience

Last modified Richmond Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8