Buford Road Christian Academy 1

Posted January 16, 2015
my son passed out at school and i found out by the office leaving a message on my phone to come pick him up.I called back and told them to call the ambulance. I had a teacher openly bully my son and bash me by telling lies on my kids transfer papers. I was not suppose to see these papers. The office accidentally gave it to me instead of faxing it to the new school. The school was more concerned about who i was going to tell about these situations then fixing the problem.after I left the school I learned my children were behind on guardian Christian academy level and public school standards. I am still paying for a tutor to catch them up. I also had a teacher leave my child out of a graduation ceremony. I ran into one of the students mothers who left the school shortly after me. Her child was also behind and had to repeat the grade.she told me they were asking people to write good reviews. It explains why there are alot of good reviews in 2013. It was hard to have a teacher humiliate and bully my son on more then one occasion but it was even more painful to have the church and school try to cover it up and not allow me to attend the senior graduation all because I spoke the truth

Posted October 11, 2013
I am a former student of Buford Road Christian Academy and I cant tell you how much I miss going there! I was a Senior there last year after 6 years as student and I have graduated and received scholarship money from Chowan University and also offers to go to other colleges such as University of Virginia, Virginia State University, Old Dominion University, Liberty University and so on! This school has help me so much academically and help me build a strong relationship with God, which was THE best blessing I could receive ! The teacher's and staff are the most Loving and Caring Individual's you could ever meet always there to help you and encourage you! BRCA will always be my first recommendation to any Parent who wants their child in an environment where the can learn and excel academically and also HAVE FUN doing it ! Can't wait to visit again ! Blessings!

Posted October 11, 2013
While reading on of the warm reviews about Buford Road Christian Academy by one set of grandparents, it reminded my husband and I of our own personal situation with the school. It has been said by those of us who are grandparents that if we could have had grandchildren first, we would have. Now for some that is debatable. However in our situation, there is nothing more cherished on the face of the earth that our very own. It is with such peace & joy to recommend BRCA to the community. Sending kids to a christian school does come along with great sacrifice. From tuition payments, transportation, field trips, sporting practices & games after school tutoring, and special programs throughout the year, we would no trade a single thing to make their enrollment possible at BRCA. One of the more notable things is, how willing the staff & Pastor are to go the second mile in helping kids that struggle to do their very best to keep the pace. So speaking from a satisfied happy and visionary insider perspective, this course ad school of education is one of the best thing that has ever happened to our family. Thank you Pastor, Staff, Parents, & fellow Grandparents who supports BRCA!

Posted October 11, 2013
As a former student of BRCA, I can easily say that this is an amazing school. The teachers and staff members are generous, compassionate, and loving. During my three years at Buford, I made such strong relationships with my teacher-who is a second mother to me-, my students, and the staff. Academically speaking, the school uses the ABeka program, which I believe to be an outstanding curriculum. In 7th-12th grade, we used the DVDs. The DVDs are great in my opinion, and if we ever had trouble, our teacher would always be willing to help us through it. Of course there may be a teacher that you didn't particularly care for, but the teachers on some of the DVDs are absolutely phenomenal! What some people have to realize is that this school may not be for everyone. Not every child is going to do great in this setting like myself or the other kids that did well there. While I do recommend it-COMPLETELY recommend it- make sure that you want your children to go there. There are pros and cons to EVERY school out here. I m absolutely sure the teachers and staff would be exultant to have your child there. I thank BRCA so much for the experience it gave me and I miss it there! God bless!

Posted October 10, 2013
Amazing! I would not have my children anywhere else! We love the staff, Administration, Pastor, and the children in the school are a great influence. Thank you Lord for putting BRCA in our lives! The kid's are not over crowded and don't get lost in the shuffle. They get the attention they need from the GREAT Teachers and faculty there. We are blessed to have our kids in such a great school!

Posted October 10, 2013
What a great school & very affordable. This is a school full of Godly people who loves and cares for every child. God has blessed BRCA in many ways & I'm truly thankful to be apart of it! My child is so happy there & is learning so much in such little time. I couldn't be happier with my choice of sending my child to BUFORD ROAD CHRISTIAN ACADEMY

Posted October 10, 2013
I have been involved with this school since the conception! It is amazing to see what God has done through this BRCA! We have seen children saved, baptized, go to excellent colleges and go on to be productive citizens throughout the community. God clearly has his hand on the school and the leadership of the school. We pray that you will consider while reading the reviews of the school God would lead you in a direction of discernment and clearly see where there are a few parents that clearly just want to tear down the school, but over all you can definitely see that for what it is and weed those out. We have a great Administrator, Pastor and staff who has the time for you and your family! If you are looking for a great Christian school who stands on the principles of Gods word this is the school for you! Come try it out, meet the Pastor, Staff and Administration. God Bless!

Posted October 10, 2013
We want to personally thank the staff of Buford Road Christian Academy for their commitment and dedication in educating our grandchildren . Over a period of time, my wife and I have been blessed to have had 3 of our grandchildren attend the school . We are extremely blessed with the privilege of watching them grow in the Lord as well . We are looking forward to great grandchildren attending as well ! Thanks for all that you do !!

Posted October 10, 2013
BRCA is the perfect school for anyone seeking an alternative to public school. Though the school itself is not accredited, one can gain this directly through the ABeka program which is the curriculum used there. The school strives not only to meet the child's educational needs but their spiritual needs as well by developing their Christian charcter. As with any modern school, discipline is of utmost importance, contrary to what some may have commented. Unfortunately, some may not agree with the school's stance on some school policies and have gone even as far as creating fake/false comments (pretty sad) regarding this school misrepresenting the school and its benefit to the community. The best advice for anyone searching is come by and visit. Meet the amazing staff and the awesome kids and their parents who support this great school. Let it speak for itself. You won't be disappointed.

Posted October 07, 2013
Buford Road Christian Academy is an awesome School. This is my schools 2nd year and he loves it. With being only in the 1st grade He has learned so much such as telling time, reading, adding/subtracting, All 50 states, and the list goes on and on. I feel the education is very advanced. Even though some grades are combined the classrooms are small enough to where each child receives individual help as needed. At BRCA communication is great, unfortunately some parents lacked that. Each staff is loving & caring and cares for each child as their own. BRCA also has fun activities for the children of all grades , such as educational trips, fun field day etc to keep each child excited for the next school year. BRCA loves for parents to be involved as much as you'd like. I personally feel God has lead me to this school & I'm blessed to be apart! <3

Buford Road Christian Academy
819 Buford Road, Richmond, VA  23235
Last modified Buford Road Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Buford Road Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top