Richmond, VA

Posted October 10, 2014
My son started KG at age 4 and we have not regretted our decision to start him at AAE for one second. Originally he was signed up to do private KG elsewhere since he did not meet the cutoff, but we're so glad that we found this school. Teachers are passionate and enthusiastic, which translates over to the kids. My son LOVES this school and the progress he has made so far has been outstanding! Lots of kudos to Ms Busch and her staff!

Posted September 28, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms. Busch and team for all the hard work they are doing. A special thanks to Mrs. V for her care and love towards Rahul, without which this couldn t have happened. At this time I would like to share some of my experience I had during the meeting with Ms. Judy William (Educational Specialist for Gifted program). Ms. Judy was amazed with all the effort AAE took in making sure all the documents are received on time and level of co-operation from the school. In fact during our 20min meeting she talked lot of good things about AAE and wanted to convey her special thanks to Ms. Busch for her dedication and hard word. This clearly shows her passion and love towards her kids. Every parent should be proud for their children at AAE, as they are all gifted to have such wonderful teachers to guide them and work towards their success. Thanks again for everything.

Posted June 14, 2013
Frankly, for us putting our son in AAE was a no brainer. He didn t meet the cutoff for public school. At Day care he was bored out of his mind. When we met with the AAE Faculty and parents at the open house they made our decision easy. We were sold on 3 basic criteria. 1. Focus on Discipline and Social Conduct 2. Focus on Education 3. And last but not the least, incredibly dedicated teachers (cannot stress on this enough) Our son was admitted in Kindergarten when he was 4yrs old. Like any parents we worried about, is it too early? Would this negatively impact his confidence? Etc. But once he was admitted, we realized that the AAE provided a perfect balance between learning and playing. He was challenged on a daily basis. Within a year his confidence levels were sky high. We decided to stay the course and leave him in AAE for Grade 1. This was the transformation year. Long story short, we decided to move back to India. Our son had to go and Interview with Schools (IB) there. Each school had two 1hour interviews. They tested him on all subjects. At the end he was accepted at all the schools where he interviewed. We have to say that this was only possible because of AAE.

Posted June 08, 2012
Without a doubt the best decision I made for my kindergartner ! I chose this amazing program for our daughter after our "zoned" public school informed me they would test her for reading in the 3rd grade. I drove her 18 minutes 2 times a day to AAE and I would do it all again. The Dean and the teachers are all professional's and love what they do. They have taken my daughters reading level way up and given her the accountability and strength she needed. The personal strengths of every child are celebrated and cultured at AAE. This program is amazing and worth every cent !!

Posted March 06, 2012
Our daughter attended AAE during 3rd/4th grades and really loved it. The care and attention she received from the teachers helped her build good foundation and improve academically which paved way for her to get into Three Chopt for 5th grade. Though she had to face lot challenges at Three Chopt this year due to heavy workload/projects, she started to realize the importance of hard work and that helped her to get into Moody Middle School now. We are really grateful to AAE since she couldn't have done it without them!!!!

Posted April 26, 2011
Our son attended AAE for kindergarten and first grade and we loved it. The personal attention he received kept him engaged, and being able to progress at his own pace prevented any boredom. He never felt like he was being held back. After trying another school for second grade, we'll be coming back for third and fourth grades - at his request. He has complained that he's not learning enough in his new school and has had a very frustrating year. -- Karen Kantor

Posted January 18, 2011
We love the Academy of Academic Excellence! A small school with fantastic teachers. It gives a lot of personal attention to each kid. When I asked the dean of the school whether they have any lagging students, she said "Yes, but they will never know about it". That means that the curriculum is being adjusted for every child while teaching and stimulating independent learning and creating a challenging atmosphere.

Posted November 05, 2008
This is a cute little school from Kindergarten to Third grade. My daughter has been going to this school for past 1.5 years. She loves the school and the attention from the teachers. Lot of attention is given to academic development of each student... IThe multi-cultural background of kids in this school should help the kids prepare for the challenges ahead, academically.

Posted November 04, 2008
This school has been everything we expected and more. AAE is nurturing environment in which not even e second is wasted and everything is turned into a learning experience. The school is an excellent environment for accelerated learners. Everybody has the opportunity to advance at their own pace, the sky is the limit. Children learn form each other in a school geared toward the leaders of the future. And more important than anything else: children learn how to think!

Posted November 04, 2008
My daughter has been going to AAE since kindergarden and I am very pleased with the educational program. AAE is a wonderful school! The academic program is outstanding, as are the teachers. We are blessed to be part of AAE. Thx Soniya

2545 Gayton Centre Drive, Richmond, VA  23238
Last modified Academy Of Academic Excellence is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Academy Of Academic Excellence Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top