PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I went to Banner for most of lower school, and at the time, it was a good fit for me. It's a very warm environment, and for the most part, the teachers are just genuinly sweet people. However, as I look back as a high schooler, I am also thankful that my parents pulled me out. Although the school focuses on building a strong relationship with Christ, there were still numerous falculty members and students who did not exhibit the Christ-like behaviors they preached. I'm not here to call anyone out, but I think its important for parents and students to realize that attending a private Christian school like Banner doesn't necessarily mean the overall experience will be better than the public schools. There is bullying, and there are teachers who won't treat you fairly. If anything, I've grown more as a Christian, as well as a student, in the public schools than I ever did at Banner. Of course I have Banner to thank for building that foundation for my faith, but I wholeheartedly believe that the actual academic curriculum at Banner needs much improvement, as well as an improvement in teacher qualifiation. I had one teacher who taught science and didn't even know that tides are caused by the moon. The school also lacks the resources to give its students a full elementary, middle, and high school experience. When I first stepped into the library of the public school I attended after Banner, I actually started crying because I had never had access to so many books before. So to conclude, Banner is a nice community for faith-building, but if you want a school that is also academically on par with the public schools, you will be disappointed.

My kids are currently in elementary school. When you walk the halls of Banner, you can feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. It is a huge contrast to walking the halls of public school. My children receive a very high quality education, have great friends and are learning scripture at the same time.

Banner is a wonderful place. They truly do focus on educating the "whole child" and are more than willing to cater to each child's individual differences. The education is top-notch and is far superior to public school. My son LOVES his school and is truly thriving. We thank God for Banner!

We highly recommend Banner Christian School!! It gives us peace of mind that our children are receiving a devoted education and receiving Gods Word daily in a safe and loving environment!! Banner is our family!!

My children have attended Banner for 8 years, and we love it. The teachers and administration are exceptional. While at Banner, my children have grown academically, socially, and spiritually. Banner truly comes beside parents to teach the whole child and prepare them not only for college, but for life!

My children have attended Banner for nine years and counting. They are thriving under the tutelage of knowledgeable and loving teachers who love the Lord and teach my children to do the same. Banner has a family-type atmosphere and is a nurturing and accepting environment for all their students. We have noticed that the faculty as well as the students are welcoming of individuals with different backgrounds, incomes, spiritual gifts, interests, and abilities. Students are encouraged and supported to grow in their abilities in academics, sports, drama, art, music, missions, etc. and are prayed for by the faculty, staff, and student and parent groups. Our children love their school and are proud to be Banner Christian Bearcats. My husband and II would recommend Banner without reservation.

Banner is a blessing!! I have had two students at Banner - one has graduated and one still attends. We are going into our 5th year at Banner. We moved to here several years ago and know that God lead us to Banner. Our children have been loved and supported, they have grown spiritually and have been exposed to many opportunities. From ministering to children at a low income school in the area, to mission trips, to drama, to sports - the list is endless. When a problem or concern arises, we have brought it before the teacher and/or administration and it is taken seriously. As far a the review about discrimination if your family doesn't have a certain income - that is far from the truth. There is a very wide variety of family incomes and backgrounds...from missionary families to pastor families, single parents, 1 income families, 2 income families.... most of the families are making monthly sacrifices to have their children in a Christian environment where they are learning about Christ in EVERY subject. It's a sacrifice well worth making in my opinion - it has been well worth it for us.

We have been a part of Banner for 5 years. Our children attend elementary, middle and high school at Banner. The students are challenged academically, but they are not unreasonable expectations. The teachers are phenomenal and are all college graduates. You can see the love and true concern for not only the education of the students, but also their character development. Banner's tuition is higher than other local, Christian schools - but you know that when you sign the paperwork. You also do not have to sell candles or wrapping paper - everything is included in the tuition. In this case, the tuition is worth the money to see the academic growth and spiritual growth of my children.

At Banner, Christ comes first with education second to none. Each day begins with a time of praise and worship where all teachers, students and parents prepare our hearts and minds for the day ahead. The academic environment is challenging, but not above where my kids are capable. The teachers truly love the kids - they attend their soccer games, ballet recitals, etc. all out of love - you can see it with your own eyes when you visit Banner. I encourage you to pray if Banner is where the Lord wants your children. It has been a blessing for our family for the past several years.

Banner's goal of late seems to be to offer a slightly Christianized version of an exclusive college-prep school. To someone who believes in Christ's mission to the poor as well as the Book of James and its admonitions to avoid glorifying the wealthy above those of smaller means, Banner's arrogance is distasteful in the extreme. On the other hand, if you are a well-heeled family whose Christian values are only skin-deep, the Banner administration will love you and your kids will enjoy the special treatment they will receive here. If you are a working class family for whom $6000 a year represents a significant sacrifice and for whom last-minute field trips, parent/teacher meetings and special programs are difficult as you need to work for a living, please look elsewhere for a Christian education for your children. This is not the school for you and your sacrifice will not be appreciated.

Last modified Banner Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12