Richmond, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 27, 2012
Both my son's have attend Bellwood. It holds a special place for me because I also went there, as did my parents. My father was actually part of one of the first sets of students to walk the halls in the mid-1960's. Everything about this school is amazing. The staff is helpful, caring and genuinely concerned for the welfare of each child. It is true they know all the kids by name and recognize the parents. As with any school, experience is directly tied to involvement. I participate in all of the activities they have for the kids, and there are a lot. It really helps to make the children feel accomplished because they reward their progress in fun ways. As with any school, there are bullying issues, but I have never had a teacher ignore a request and they have always made themselves available should I need anything. The school is always clean, they have updated equipment, and I like how the Head Start, Pre-K, K and 1st grade classes have their own bathrooms. The social worker at the school is also great and they help a lot, with holidays, coats, everything. I love this school and would tell anyone to send their children there. They are also a National Title I school, which is a plus

Posted February 03, 2012
I have two children who attend Bellwood Elementary and i absolutely love this school and would never want my children to go anywhere else . Everyone at this school is so friendly and helpful in any situation that may arise . I have had many friends move to my neighborhood just so their kids can attend this awesome school so that speaks for itself . I have never walked into a school where every staff member knows my kids names that amazes me every time i go there it is that family feeling that makes we want to encourage everyone to go there

Bellwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2010
My daughter attends Bellwood and is in kindergarten. I do not have a feel for the whole school yet but i do know that the teacher she has is wonderful!! My daughter has really excelled since the beginning of this year. i am looking forward to next year and hopefully she will have another great teacher.

Bellwood Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
Oh my i'm glad i'm not the only one with negative remarks about this school and the principle they do allow bullies to get away with it i have been dealing with it all year on a daily basis and the principle does nothing she in my book is worthless now i can't say that every teacher there doesn't care because that isn't true but there are some that should not even be allowed to teach.

Posted April 26, 2009
This is an excellent school. The teachers work very hard and the administration is supportive and involved. As with any school, the experience a child has varies with the teachers. I highly recommend this school. (The previous rater's comment that his or her first grader only has an opportunity to use the restroom at recess is completely false. All first grade classrooms have their own bathroom and students are allowed to use it whenever they need to. I question the validity of the rest of the rating.)

Bellwood Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2009
I one hundred percent agree with the negative comments for this school. The teacher that my daughter has rarely responds to parental concerns, and the only opportunity my first grader gets to use the restroom is during recess. The good reviews are so blatantly full of grammatical and punctuational errors that they hardly seem credible to me.

Bellwood Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
I have 2 children that attend this worthless school. They do not punish bullies at all. The teachers do not seem to want to teach the children anything. They were in shock that my daughter who is 5, could count to 15 and knew her colors and shapes. They do not challange the children at all. Do not send your kids here. They will get beat up and picked on and the principal will act like it isn't a big deal.

Posted August 22, 2008

Bellwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2008
My child went to this school and didn't get the proper education he needed. The teachers don't work with the students and is a bad environment.

Posted April 02, 2008
The teacher are good in teaching, they are great for some idea how to teach your kids at the same time playing with them. They are friendly and kind. So, what can i ask for... just continue it and God bless!

Bellwood Elementary School
9536 Dawnshire Rd, Richmond, VA  23237
Last modified Bellwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bellwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top