Bad
Good

Beulah Elementary School 5

Posted November 09, 2015
My son started at Beulah last year (2014-2015) for 2nd grade. I contacted the school prior since we were transferring from one county school to another to see about getting my son in a gifted cluster class. I requested to and was able to meet with both the guidance counselor and the woman who would be his 2nd grade teacher (Mrs. Maples). Both were wonderfully amazing and understanding of the fact that not only was my child gifted but also has ADHD. The experience was exceptional he had a great year. He only went that one year because he tested into the center based gifted program and moved on to Hening. I would have felt completely comfortable if he had not made it in and had continued at Beulah.

Posted May 14, 2015
My children attend Beulah for 3 years. Please take note that bullying at this school occurs on both ends with the teachers and the students unfortunately. There is always one or 2 apples that spoil the bunch. Although the school has great teachers that care about what they do there are far more that are just there for a job. This is a low income area and the staff there treat all kids as if they are poor. Seems like if they find out a child is not poor they treat them bad as well. ALOOOOOTTTT of stereotyping at this school. I brought my dream home in this area and this school is so bad, I sold my home and I am moving from this area all together. IF YOU CHILD TELLS YOU THEY ARE BEING TREATED UNFAIRLY BY ANY STAFF MEMBER, PLEASE LISTEN TO THEM!!! If you keep hearing the samething after about 3 or 4 times its probably 99.99% true! The Principal is great! However she is very passive. If her staff acts one way in FRONT of her, she thinks thats how they are all the time. Not the case. She is for the teachers NOT for the students. Although, she portrays that she is. Beware of the 4th grade "TEACHERS"!

Posted January 17, 2013
Worst experience ever!! Completely unsafe for your kindergarten children and now with my daughter's second year there still unsafe for a 1st grader!! The school has specific instructions from the child's parents given by phone and in person repeatedly for her afterschool transportation yet they do whatever they want and keep sending the child on the school bus home where there is no adult to receive the child. That is not all!!! The bus driver let the 6 year old child get off the bus with no adult to pick her up on this last occasion! The previous time I luckily got off work early tried to pick up my daughter where she was supposed to be and she was not there. Infuriated because it was the SECOND time this was happening I called the school and of course the office did not know what to tell me. I raced home to see if she had been dropped off by school bus and arrived just a few minutes before school bus arrived and yes my daughter was in it.

Posted July 25, 2011
I went to this school today with my daughter to see about registering her. There was a summer school secretary and a regular secretary. We waited five minutes before anyone greeted us and many people looked at us as they walked through. The summer school secretary finally greeted us, as the regular secretary was on the phone. She was very pleasant. The main secretary came over and when I asked questions regarding teacher/student ratio, the curriculum, the school hours and what my daughter would need to start kindergarten, she answered "I don't know" to three out of four of the questions. She never greeted my daughter and spoke rather condescendingly. She tried to make their Title 1 status sound like a good thing and, yes, they have made strides with their scores, as evidence of the figures on this website, however, according her, their SOL scored "ROCK" and they didn't score less than 90%, which is incorrect according to the figures provided here. All in all, it was very disappointing. I feel my daughter deserves better quality and we will search out a transfer or a private school. I was also denied a tour and was told to make an appointment.

Beulah Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2011
We came into this school in the middle of the year. Both of the teachers my children had are AMAZING!! They took the time to help my children feel comfortable, and catch them up as much as they could with what they had missed. The staff is kind, and always helpful. I am not fond of the Principal, Mrs. Hunt..a bit to quick to judge. Overall the programs at this school are wonderful, the kids learn a lot, and it has been a good experience so far.

Beulah Elementary School 5

Posted March 11, 2011
I completed my student teaching semester at Beulah Elementary and it was an experience far beyond what I could have ever anticipated! I was warmly welcomed by each and every one of the staff members and instantly felt comfortable on their presence. While there I witnessed the work of some of the most dedicated teachers I have ever worked with. The student body is very culturally diverse, although-from what I experienced in both lower and upper grades-very accepting of one another for attributes other than skin color. The children and staff at Beulah made my student teaching experience within their school one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in my 12 years working with children.

Posted May 21, 2010
It is a good school! They try and look at the needs of all their students

Posted May 16, 2010
Beulah is a great school because it's teachers really care about the progress of their students and their school. The teachers are committed to the succes of their students, not just their SOL scores. This school is full of caring, emapathetic, dedicated staff that work their hardest to watch their students succeed!

Posted April 17, 2010
This a small school with a caring faculty. Students work hard and there are many success stories.

Posted September 17, 2009
A great school that is working very hard to help kids improve in all subjects. Wonderful programs to include parents in helping and supporting our kids. We strive to make our children excel in all area in helping our kids to become well rounded kids for the future.

4216 Beulah Rd, Richmond, VA  23237
Last modified Beulah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.