Bad
Good

All three of my children go to this school. It's safe and well regarded in the neighborhood. The smart kids excel here and opportunities for the gifted program really do a lot to challenge the brighter children.

Our daughter's Kindergarten year at Crestwood was fantastic. Even though our daughter was testing two grades higher in many areas, her teacher and the administration went out of their way to make sure she was still stimulated. The teachers and the administration are terrific, but we were quite disappointed with the low levels of parent involvement in the classroom and in the PTA.

With the exception of one teacher, Crestwood has been dismal, a disappointment. The teaching standards and materials are low. I end up spending my evenings teaching my child (who is bright enough to get it when I teach him). The teachers teach far too much to the SOLs (which are not particular good teaching tools), I sense no inspiration for learning for its own sake, there is far too much reliance on the use of computers in the classroom, and the homework is both uninspiring and weak. Crestwood so far has been a good argument for home schooling or (if one had the money) to place one's child in a private school.

My son just graduated from there today and although he was not an award receiver, he has turned out to be a FANTASTIC human being and loves to learn and try new things and problem solve, which is a lot of what CW is about. I love this school and I hope that it doesn't change for my 3rd grader. I just wish he could keep Ms. Guarnera forever. But different teachers is part of life and the good news is you can't go wrong at CW...I just wish more parents were involved!

I love Crestwood! Mrs. Rockwell and Ms. Buntich are top notch administrators. My eldest daughter has Mrs. Dale this year and has learned a great deal from her. Mrs. Dale gives all her children the respect and love that they deserve and encourages the children to help one another. Ms. Gonzalez is the new art teacher and she is AMAZING! She provides a wonderful study of art - not just the DOING of art. Mr. Castelvecchi is a fantastic P.E. teacher who cares about what the kids are doing outside of school as well as in. My concern is the parent participation rate. There aren't enough parents getting involved with volunteering for events and in their children's classrooms.

I love Crestwood Elementary! We are significantly involved in PTA & volunteering in classroom. POSITIVE: Fantastic principal is extremely involved & works to know each child individually. Great teachers are willing to go extra mile to attend to kids' needs. Princ&tchrs give individual attention to each child, whether below or above avg. CW has strong diversity (racial & income) providing my child w/ oppty to experience other cultures & empathize w/ other income levels (higher & lower). NEGATIVE: CW addresses its issues quite well, however they will continue into the future because issues are w/ the SchBrd & communities in footprint, not w/ the school or the staff. CW's footprint includes big diversity of homes - mid-income (many), low-priced homes (some), lower-priced apartments (some), & high-priced homes (sig. portion). Unfortunately, the parent involvement from the minority & low-income populations is minimal/non-existent. Too many enter K very under-prepared. PTA is great (hosts many AMAZING community events, but it has difficulties getting parents to get involved. SchBrd sends CW's gifted kids to the CBG at Hening, which is very far away; esp. when Greenfield CBG is so close.

Both my daughter and son were very well prepared after attending Crestwood. It is diverse and my kids were always very happy there and they both are ahead of the game now.

I can't imagine my daughter having a better or more caring group of teachers and administration. Mrs. Carter is on top of everything. My daughter has had the fortune of having Mrs. Dale (k)& Mrs. Hudson (2nd).A++

Crestwood is a well-kept secret among the great schools in Chesterfield County. They have an unbelievable teacher retention rate, a diverse student population, and a wide range of activities available. My daughter has been a student there for two years, and we continually have positive experiences with the teachers and administration there.

Last modified Crestwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.