Richmond, VA
After care: No

Veritas School 2

Posted June 23, 2015
Veritas has a wonderful lower school program, but the upper school is not where it needs to be. There is a large turnover of families in middle and high school. The counseling community is aware of the social problems at the school. Lower school teachers are very nurturing, kind and fair; some upper school teachers are this way, but some are the opposite. Several of the best upper school teachers have left recently. Buyer beware.

Posted June 09, 2014
Veritas is a high performing private school that uses unique educational methods that often are reserved for post-secondary educational institutions in the context of a distinctly Christian worldview. This isn't a traditional "church school" where spiritual education comes first, then academics. It uses a rigorous, integrated curriculum that isn't for everybody. If you prefer a faith-first approach where education takes a back seat, then look elsewhere. If you want to help your kids love to learn, and grow in their love of wisdom, beauty, and virtue, then Veritas is for you.

Posted June 06, 2014
I am the father of three kids who have attended Veritas for many years. I am so very thankful that such an amazing school is available in richmond. The curiculum is challenging, engaging, Chirst centered, and building them for a life and love of learning and critical thinking. I also am thankful for the culture of the school which treasures pure beauty and character. All three of my kids truly love the school and the other students. I am impressed when other kids come to our house. I find them smart, engaging and a real joy. Many of these qualities have been developed and nurtured in a partnership between the school and the kids' parents. I believe Veritas represents the highest quality education in Richmond which will serve these kids well their entire lives. Sterling Sweeney

Posted June 05, 2014
As a father of a graduating senior, I love the supportive faculty, the close community culture, and the rich content. My daughter was challenged to think and apply concepts, not just memorize information. The material she learned was rich and challenging, but her teachers were eager to see her succeed.

Posted June 05, 2014
Veritas School is an excellent environment academically, spiritually, and behaviorally --- parents pay for a well-run school and classrooms that are under the control/care of teachers. I am thankful that teachers care, advocate for my 3 children, and are as engaged as they are. I give high marks for the school and the teachers. I give 4.5 only because I know there is always room for improvement. I could also understand that not all families will fit -- especially if the student has been in public school too long or has behavioral challenges that cause disruptions -- parents will be engaged to help find a solution. Veritas is a small school -- that works hard to remove/reduce barriers to learning.

Posted June 05, 2014
I am the father of 4 children who attend Veritas School and my wife and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to be a part of this community of learning. Both our boys and girls are thriving under the care discipleship of their teachers and facilty. While they are being academically challenged by the rigorous classical education, we see tangible fruit of God's redemptive work in their hearts... we are see students with "strong minds, soft hearts and full souls". If you are considering a Christian education, we welcome you to please take time to visit our campus, meet the faculity, talk with some students and enter into the conversation. You will be glad you did.

Posted June 05, 2014
We have a son and a daughter at Veritas, and we could not be more pleased with the combination of academic rigor, nurturing environment, and Christian values that permeate everything they learn and do. Our kids are in the lower school, but whenever we have the opportunity to speak with or listen to an upper school student, we are so impressed, and are excited to think that Veritas will have that kind of positive influence on our children during their formative years. We consider it a privilege to be a part of this community.

Posted June 05, 2014
As a father of 2 students, I am greatly encouraged by Veritas. At every parent forum I attend I am renewed and energized about education. I love that Veritas is seeking things that are honorable and excellent. God's Word is incorporated in day to day conversations about the learning experience with my kids which I love! My opinion is that Veritas is seeking to graduate the well-rounded student to love things of virtue and to love learning. All the staff I have interacted with have been nothing but extremely kind and understanding. They are almost super human sometimes! Veritas is a growing school who's Head of School loves all the students and staff and probably knows every parent/guardian by first name! Don't let the price tag scare you. Come in for an anytime walk through. You will not regret it!

Veritas School 2

Posted June 04, 2014
This school has been a great dissapointment this year. In the past it was a great Christian school, but this year it ihas changed. Not only have they taken the Christian out of the name but I feel they have taken it out of the school also. I found the teachers in my childs grade level would rather tell him/her how bad he/she was doing as opposed to how well he/she could do, and they did not even want or try to help him/her. We ended up having to get outside tutors to catch him/her up because the teachers did not want to. Make sure you understand the curriculum they use also as it is much different then other private schools.

Posted February 11, 2014
Veritas Classical Christian School honors God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. God glorifies Himself through Veritas. Students learn with joy, commitment and depth. Teachers hold students accountable to excellence. Parents encourage each other and care of all the children in the Veritas community. Administrators articulate a vision that differs from the popular worldview. Christian leaders for tomorrow grow in wisdom and stature at this school. If you seriously subscribe to a Christian faith and desire an superior education of your child as a person, seek out Veritas. You will find a blessing waiting for your family.

Veritas School