PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted November 22, 2015
We have been a Veritas family for 4 years. Our children enrolled as upper school students and we have been impressed with the quality of the teachers and their interest in helping our children succeed academically and athletically. The school administration is accessible and open to feedback. The small class sizes guarantee adequate time and attention is paid to all students. Veritas is the right fit for our family.

Veritas School 3

Posted November 20, 2015
We strongly considered this school, and know at least a dozen families with students attending... however I feel that it is not the school for anyone out of their "standard student." It is GREAT that Richmond has this choice in it's great repertoire of private school choices! Also, the Classic Curriculum was very impressive to us. However, we feel like the school has growing pains (maybe overwhelmed?,) and isn't set up to address anything out of the ordinary; nor did they seem open to parent comments/concerns. I had several questions during the admissions & follow-up process that went unanswered (both voice mails & e-mails.) My children are both very different, and I just didn't feel like the school was prepared to handle both of them, with their different learning styles (one very vivacious/outgoing and one very introverted/shy.) They both go to a prominent private school, and I'm disappointed that they couldn't "fit in" at Veritas. With all this said, I look forward to seeing what Veritas looks like in another 10 years!

Veritas School 1

Posted August 14, 2015
Ask one of the many families who have left the school in recent years why they chose to leave. Ask why parents aren’t able to give confidential teacher evaluations. There is an enormous problem with favoritism by some of the teachers and administration. Students/families who are not favored are treated disrespectfully by the administration and teachers alike.

Veritas School 2

Posted June 23, 2015
Veritas has a wonderful lower school program, but the upper school is not where it needs to be. There is a large turnover of families in middle and high school. The counseling community is aware of the social problems at the school. Lower school teachers are very nurturing, kind and fair; some upper school teachers are this way, but some are the opposite. Several of the best upper school teachers have left recently. Buyer beware.

Posted June 09, 2014
Veritas is a high performing private school that uses unique educational methods that often are reserved for post-secondary educational institutions in the context of a distinctly Christian worldview. This isn't a traditional "church school" where spiritual education comes first, then academics. It uses a rigorous, integrated curriculum that isn't for everybody. If you prefer a faith-first approach where education takes a back seat, then look elsewhere. If you want to help your kids love to learn, and grow in their love of wisdom, beauty, and virtue, then Veritas is for you.

Posted June 06, 2014
I am the father of three kids who have attended Veritas for many years. I am so very thankful that such an amazing school is available in richmond. The curiculum is challenging, engaging, Chirst centered, and building them for a life and love of learning and critical thinking. I also am thankful for the culture of the school which treasures pure beauty and character. All three of my kids truly love the school and the other students. I am impressed when other kids come to our house. I find them smart, engaging and a real joy. Many of these qualities have been developed and nurtured in a partnership between the school and the kids' parents. I believe Veritas represents the highest quality education in Richmond which will serve these kids well their entire lives. Sterling Sweeney

Posted June 05, 2014
As a father of a graduating senior, I love the supportive faculty, the close community culture, and the rich content. My daughter was challenged to think and apply concepts, not just memorize information. The material she learned was rich and challenging, but her teachers were eager to see her succeed.

Posted June 05, 2014
Veritas School is an excellent environment academically, spiritually, and behaviorally --- parents pay for a well-run school and classrooms that are under the control/care of teachers. I am thankful that teachers care, advocate for my 3 children, and are as engaged as they are. I give high marks for the school and the teachers. I give 4.5 only because I know there is always room for improvement. I could also understand that not all families will fit -- especially if the student has been in public school too long or has behavioral challenges that cause disruptions -- parents will be engaged to help find a solution. Veritas is a small school -- that works hard to remove/reduce barriers to learning.

Posted June 05, 2014
I am the father of 4 children who attend Veritas School and my wife and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to be a part of this community of learning. Both our boys and girls are thriving under the care discipleship of their teachers and facilty. While they are being academically challenged by the rigorous classical education, we see tangible fruit of God's redemptive work in their hearts... we are see students with "strong minds, soft hearts and full souls". If you are considering a Christian education, we welcome you to please take time to visit our campus, meet the faculity, talk with some students and enter into the conversation. You will be glad you did.

Posted June 05, 2014
We have a son and a daughter at Veritas, and we could not be more pleased with the combination of academic rigor, nurturing environment, and Christian values that permeate everything they learn and do. Our kids are in the lower school, but whenever we have the opportunity to speak with or listen to an upper school student, we are so impressed, and are excited to think that Veritas will have that kind of positive influence on our children during their formative years. We consider it a privilege to be a part of this community.

Veritas School