PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Two of my children have been at Veritas since Kindergarten and are now in Middle and High School. It is a wonderful school and community to partner with me in raising my children. The staff and teachers are very supportive and genuinely love our children.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have not personally heard of any bullying but they do stress that if we are ever aware of it to please report it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Character is reinforced in everything they do.

We have been so pleased with our daughter's experience at Veritas! The teachers are truly exceptional. All of the administrative staff is involved in getting to know the kids and the families. You really do feel like part of something special here.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

We have had some really good teachers. We have had some REALLY bad teachers. Let's just say there is no middle ground. They are either really good or really bad!

Amount of homework: Disagree

WAY TOO much homework! My kids always have homework on the weekends. AND at least 2 hours of homework every night!

Develops character: Neutral

This school drills in on these values, but also, it does not leave room for particular growth as a person. It is more like a recipe, if we teach and drill then this will produce a type of person. The students may learn these things, but will they value it by seeing this in the teachers and staff, I think not.

My children have been going to Veritas for over 6 years. My family has recently gone through a divorce, and the school has been most judgmental. My Children and myself have been treated like there is something wrong with us. No support what so ever for the transitions that have to be made in our family at this time. My fifth grader had to sit in the office for an hour because she wore the wrong shoes to school. She was sent home another day because they didn't like her hair color in her hair. She was told she could not come back to school until it was either cut out or washed out. Most people barely noticed it. Her teacher calls her a bad child. My daughter is a A student, shy, artistic and lovely. The lower head of school is non emotional and disconnected. They expect students to fit in boxes and there is no room for individualization what so ever. What I am trying to say is they produce a certain type of student. If you like a cookie cutter, no personality, no individualization of your child, then this is the place for you. There is HUGE favoring of certain wealthier families who can fund their projects. Also, if you are a family of ethnicity then you will be in all the photos, on the front of their web site, and on any promotional outgoing mails. It is sickening how they market these families to draw in a certain persona.

We have been a Veritas family for 4 years. Our children enrolled as upper school students and we have been impressed with the quality of the teachers and their interest in helping our children succeed academically and athletically. The school administration is accessible and open to feedback. The small class sizes guarantee adequate time and attention is paid to all students. Veritas is the right fit for our family.

We strongly considered this school, and know at least a dozen families with students attending... however I feel that it is not the school for anyone out of their "standard student." It is GREAT that Richmond has this choice in it's great repertoire of private school choices! Also, the Classic Curriculum was very impressive to us. However, we feel like the school has growing pains (maybe overwhelmed?,) and isn't set up to address anything out of the ordinary; nor did they seem open to parent comments/concerns. I had several questions during the admissions & follow-up process that went unanswered (both voice mails & e-mails.) My children are both very different, and I just didn't feel like the school was prepared to handle both of them, with their different learning styles (one very vivacious/outgoing and one very introverted/shy.) They both go to a prominent private school, and I'm disappointed that they couldn't "fit in" at Veritas. With all this said, I look forward to seeing what Veritas looks like in another 10 years!

Last modified Veritas School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12