Bad
Good

My son is in the third grade school just started but he already enjoys his teacher. Last year he went to Hening for only the last 5 months and he really was accepted in and treated as if he was there the whole year. So far I give hening four stars.

My son who happens to be autistic attended Henning three years ago and all in all it was a terrible year of school. He was terribly bullied (called gay and was punched in the face by another student). The principal did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! She stated that the name calling is not what she considered bullying and asked me what my son did to provoke this. As far as my son being punched in the face; the child was not suspended at all. Nothing happened. Even though this was witnessed by others and it was confirmed that my son did nothing to provoke this. Days later the boy came and apologized to my son. I would not under any circumstance recommend this school to any parent. Lovely website but it is not at all a realistic view of how this school operates. It's a major facade. Also, I do believe that the positive reviews placed on this site are not legitimate comments from parents.

The school takes pride in the education of youth in a family orientated atmosphere.

My daughter is in 2nd grade at Hening and absolutely loves it. The teachers and administration are wonderful! The population is diverse. But isn't that the way the world is? I think the education my daughter is receiving at Hening is great.

Hi, this is Mr. Maher the current prinipal at He ning I appreciate the kind words, as we are working very hard to make Hening the best school possible. For the parent who doesn't feel they could recommend Hening I would love to meet with you and discuss your concerns. Some of the comments you wrote are simply not accurate, and I would be happy to clear up those misconceptions. Please feel free to contact me at school.

The staff and teachers are excellent. They go the extra mile for our kids. I could be more happy and proud of the school that my children are attending. Keep up the great work. Go Hening!

My child is in the Center Based Gifted at Hening. She really loves it and she is learning a lot of information and the program really expands the children's thinking. The 3rd grade CBG teacher is great, the children all think he is wonderful and that connection makes learning fun. My child came from a private school and I would say that the quality of education in the CBG program is comparable, even with the significantly larger class size than in her private school.

This school is masking some serious deficiencies and the under staff administration & teachers view their roles as educators as an obligation rather than a privilege. The fasting changing demographic of the surrounding communities and the desire to keep the enrollment over 900 students makes educating children a distant afterthought to simply crowd control. Could not in good faith recommend this school to any parent

Last modified J G Hening Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.