Bad
Good

My daughter is only 3.5 but she attends speech therapy at Salem. We have gotten to see first hand how awesome the staff is while interacting with the students, parents and other people involved in the children's lives. We have been able to connect with so many people already and we only go twice a week for speech therapy. They have even included y daughter in the book Fair (she lives to read) and other events. We are keeping our fingers crossed she gets accepted to their preschool program because Bella has become attached to her speech therapist and it would be great for her to be at her home school for prek. Bella is "special needs" regarding her speech delay and has truly come so far since working with her speech teacher. Bella wasn't able to put a sentence together and would only say the beginning of a word (leaving the ending off) but now, she can have a conversation with us and other people. It's so wonderful to see my child begin to communicate effectively with others outside our family. She has also became more social as a result of this. Keep it up Salem Stars! I will also say I had no problem getting a meeting to go over her IEP when I felt she needed more. They got me a meeting right away and the outcome was exactly what my child needed. They also kept my daughters best interest at heart when discussing how often to have speech therapy. We didn't want to push our 3.5 year old too much but they helped us find a middle ground that gives her what she needs but also allows for her to take time off in her scheduled iep as well. I have had nothing but great experiences with the front office staff as well, they have always been so kind to us. Bella loves whrn they invite her to see the fishes in the big tank.

It has great teachers and is a excellent learning environment.

My daughter is in the first grader and we are so pleased with the Salem Elementary experience. The teachers ,staff and parents do an outstanding job working hard together. Our principal is Awesome.She is very hands on and Saftey is top on her list. Thank you Salem Elementary Team, for making my daughter and my transition smooth the last two years.

I teach at Salem Church Elementary School, this is my second year there. I taught at two other schools prior to Salem and I have to say that I have never been happier at a work place. Our Principal is super and our new Assistant Principal is as well. In a few years after they have their rhythm down, it will be so fantastic. I see teacher come early, stay late, tutor, plan events, and work with parents willingly. Too often these days you hear teachers say 'Sorry that's not my job'. But when it comes to teaching your job description is not in stone and 96% of our teacher get that at Salem. We have some great parents and get the support we need and it is only getting better. Check back in a few years and see an 8 or 9! Amy Gibson

The last day of school and my son was advanced to the next grade. Every parents wishes. I have seen my son grow while at SCE. His first report card had 4 E's and 8 S;s. He finale is 7 8 E's and 5 S's. When we left Ca. and moved here he was in a speech program and were concerned when he was not accepted in the program here. With just regular teaching and staying in contact with his K teacher he made great progress. His PALS score were very good and we are proud to be a parent of a SCE student. The school staff from Principal to the custodial staff cares about each and every student that comes to this school, Our son;s teacher kept us very involved in his studies and I found the reading program quite fun, It encourages the parents to step in and help the child. Thank you.

My granddaughter is about to complete her first full year at Salem Church Elementary School. We have been involved in this school and have had an opportunity to see it during the school day much of this year. I have found the school and the staff to be both pleasant, inviting and dynamic. Her teacher and the guidance councilor have been outstanding in supporting her transition to this new school. I am very impressed with the amount of time the staff spends voluntarily either before class (the Ecology Club) or after school on various school projects. A partial list of these after-school projects includes Science Night, Math Night, Book Fair, International Night and Yearbook Ice Cream Social. The school works hard make these events fun as well as educational. Generally, parental support is excellent. The PTA is very active and well supported by the staff.

Last modified Salem Church Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.