Richmond, VA

Salem Church Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
It has great teachers and is a excellent learning environment.

Posted June 17, 2008

Posted April 06, 2008
My daughter is in the first grader and we are so pleased with the Salem Elementary experience. The teachers ,staff and parents do an outstanding job working hard together. Our principal is Awesome.She is very hands on and Saftey is top on her list. Thank you Salem Elementary Team, for making my daughter and my transition smooth the last two years.

Posted October 22, 2007
I teach at Salem Church Elementary School, this is my second year there. I taught at two other schools prior to Salem and I have to say that I have never been happier at a work place. Our Principal is super and our new Assistant Principal is as well. In a few years after they have their rhythm down, it will be so fantastic. I see teacher come early, stay late, tutor, plan events, and work with parents willingly. Too often these days you hear teachers say 'Sorry that's not my job'. But when it comes to teaching your job description is not in stone and 96% of our teacher get that at Salem. We have some great parents and get the support we need and it is only getting better. Check back in a few years and see an 8 or 9! Amy Gibson

Salem Church Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2007

Posted June 15, 2007
The last day of school and my son was advanced to the next grade. Every parents wishes. I have seen my son grow while at SCE. His first report card had 4 E's and 8 S;s. He finale is 7 8 E's and 5 S's. When we left Ca. and moved here he was in a speech program and were concerned when he was not accepted in the program here. With just regular teaching and staying in contact with his K teacher he made great progress. His PALS score were very good and we are proud to be a parent of a SCE student. The school staff from Principal to the custodial staff cares about each and every student that comes to this school, Our son;s teacher kept us very involved in his studies and I found the reading program quite fun, It encourages the parents to step in and help the child. Thank you.

Posted May 29, 2007
My granddaughter is about to complete her first full year at Salem Church Elementary School. We have been involved in this school and have had an opportunity to see it during the school day much of this year. I have found the school and the staff to be both pleasant, inviting and dynamic. Her teacher and the guidance councilor have been outstanding in supporting her transition to this new school. I am very impressed with the amount of time the staff spends voluntarily either before class (the Ecology Club) or after school on various school projects. A partial list of these after-school projects includes Science Night, Math Night, Book Fair, International Night and Yearbook Ice Cream Social. The school works hard make these events fun as well as educational. Generally, parental support is excellent. The PTA is very active and well supported by the staff.

Posted June 08, 2006
This is the best education you can give your child! We moved from Homestead, Fl where my son was the top of his class to here in Kindergarten and he had to repeat the entire year! They are AT LEAST a full grade ahead of most Florida schools. With a music room, an art room, computer lab, atate of the art library I can't say enough good things about this school. Teachers are the best!

Posted January 20, 2006
I am a daycare provider and get lots of children who move to this area just to go to Salem Elem. I have found that Salem is a high quality school and its educational staff goes beyond teaching. I cant imagine my children going anywhere else.

Posted October 10, 2005
This school is good in most acspects. I would suggest this school.

Salem Church Elementary School
9600 Salem Church Rd., Richmond, VA  23237
Last modified Salem Church Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salem Church Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top