Posted September 16, 2014
This is our third year at Gordon. My sons are in 2nd and kindergarten! We have had nothing but amazing experiences! The teachers are wonderful, caring and down to earth. My sons 1st grade teacher even came to a basketball game AND a baseball game of his. That's true dedication. The principle, Mrs. Harris, remembered my youngest sons name on orientation day. She had only met him one other time, back in April on at registration. (Orientation was at the end of August!) Gordon is our home away from home! We moved into our neighborhood just to be able to send our kids to Gordon! Amazing school with amazing teachers and staff!

Posted March 22, 2014
Gordon Elementary School is amazing! Both my daughter and son have attended the school. I feel that the fabulous teachers prepared my daughter for middle school. My son is in 5th grade and I'm sad that I will no longer have a child at Gordon next year. The teachers, admin, office staff , custodians and students at Gordon are so nice and friendly. It is like a little private school. What a gem! It is the best elementary school in Chesterfield County!

W W Gordon Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2013
This has been my son's first year in elementary school and it has been a good experience at Gordon. He likes his teacher and seems to be challenged. The class size is good. The fundraising isn't too obnoxious and the library staff (where I volunteer) is awesome. The teachers provide plenty of opportunities to volunteer for parents who work and don't work, there's something for everybody. If I could suggest an improvement, my teacher didn't know much about the gifted program so I didn't feel encouraged to look into it any further. Also, the front office ladies aren't the warmest. They don't look up when you walk into the office so you kind of stand there awkwardly. They also don't ask who you are and what your business is when you ring the doorbell, which is a little shady to me since one could easily bypass the office. Wouldn't they want to know if the person has a child abuse record? I've never been ID'd to pick up my child. Things were better after Newtown when I complained, but it's slipped back into old habits. Despite these oversights, we're really pleased with our son's Kindergarten experience and he seems happy, which is all that matters.

W W Gordon Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2011
Some teachers are great. Some are not. Our average for 6 years of school is 50/50. The (new) principal is too busy advocating for the teachers and covering for herself that one one really cares for the students...except those exceptional teachers. I must applaud them as must work under extreme conditions.

W W Gordon Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2011
I went to Gordon Elementary School for 6 years (PK-5th). The food they serve is beyond disgusting and I recomend you pack your own lunch. Although they enforce their "No Bullying" rule pretty seriously, I as a student found bullying everywhere I went. The new princepal and vice princepal are terrible. Although I will say something nice. The football team is legendary. Overall, this school is terrible.

W W Gordon Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2011
My son started Gordon 2010 for kindergarten and I have to say the experience has been so terrible. His teacher had no patience with him, the assistant principal, principal and guidance counselor do not provide feedback when you have issues. Do not be fooled by the good reviews, it is a great school but if you run into a problem there are no resources. I felt like my son was being mistreated by his teacher who said to me in front of the assistant principal she bends over backwards for my son. I thought that was a unprofessional thing to say but everyone I mentioned above did not address that issue so that made the relationship with the teacher, assistant principal, principal and guidance counselor go sour. I wish I could put my son in another school but I cannot because I live in the district. I now have my armor suit on whenever I have to attend this school for my son.

W W Gordon Elementary School 2

Posted April 05, 2011
I find Gordon Elementary is lacking in many areas. We moved to that school district based on the schools ratings and it has been a horrible experience for my son. I find the office staff unfriendly. The teachers my son has had so far do not challenge him at all. This school wants robot kids that sit there and learn what they are told and nothing else. There are many autistic kids placed within the student body that are a major distraction to the other children. All that said I think Gordon is a below average school.

Posted May 27, 2009
We couldn't be happier with Gordon. Excellent teachers and accessible and caring adminstrators create a great atmosphere. In particular, they do a fantastic job with their autism program and creating a supportive culture throughout the school.

Posted October 26, 2008
This school is great! My son went through K and now 1st grade. The principle is terrific and the school community is wonderful. Lots of parent involvement, good communication between staff and parents, the PTA is strong and many activities are offered. We are moving to another state and I can only hope to be at a school as good as this!

Posted November 10, 2006
My daughter has been at Gordon for only a few months, we moved here from the West Coast, and her experience has been wonderful! I have a good relationship with her teacher and she is making a lot of friends. Gordon promotes various clubs to help the children out in whatever they need. My daughter looks forward to going to school each day and that makes me feel great!

W W Gordon Elementary School
11701 Gordon School Rd., Richmond, VA  23236
Last modified W W Gordon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W W Gordon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top