Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter is in 2nd grade and has been at Gordon Elementary since Kindergarten. We love the schools and have been lucky to have amazing teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

SOME are effective, just pray your child get a good one. It really makes a difference.

Amount of homework: Agree

The only problem is that, parents is initially teaching the child the materials. Teachers donot have enough time to go over the materials, it's up to the parents.

Develops character: Disagree

There is always issue at this school. Lice issues continuously, overall cleanliness and children bringing small weapon to school and everything push under the rug. Principal is worthless, staff is weird... It looks luxurious but your kids better off in a city school.

My son started Gordon 2010 for kindergarten and I have to say the experience has been so terrible. His teacher had no patience with him, the assistant principal, principal and guidance counselor do not provide feedback when you have issues. Do not be fooled by the good reviews, it is a great school but if you run into a problem there are no resources. I felt like my son was being mistreated by his teacher who said to me in front of the assistant principal she bends over backwards for my son. I thought that was a unprofessional thing to say but everyone I mentioned above did not address that issue so that made the relationship with the teacher, assistant principal, principal and guidance counselor go sour. I wish I could put my son in another school but I cannot because I live in the district. I now have my armor suit on whenever I have to attend this school for my son.

Gordon Elementary is a phenomenal school! My daughters are in second grade and Kindergarten and we have had amazing teachers each year. Teachers are patient, intelligent and have a passion for education and making learning fun. The kids love to learn at Gordon!

This is our third year at Gordon. My sons are in 2nd and kindergarten! We have had nothing but amazing experiences! The teachers are wonderful, caring and down to earth. My sons 1st grade teacher even came to a basketball game AND a baseball game of his. That's true dedication. The principle, Mrs. Harris, remembered my youngest sons name on orientation day. She had only met him one other time, back in April on at registration. (Orientation was at the end of August!) Gordon is our home away from home! We moved into our neighborhood just to be able to send our kids to Gordon! Amazing school with amazing teachers and staff!

Gordon Elementary School is amazing! Both my daughter and son have attended the school. I feel that the fabulous teachers prepared my daughter for middle school. My son is in 5th grade and I'm sad that I will no longer have a child at Gordon next year. The teachers, admin, office staff , custodians and students at Gordon are so nice and friendly. It is like a little private school. What a gem! It is the best elementary school in Chesterfield County!

This has been my son's first year in elementary school and it has been a good experience at Gordon. He likes his teacher and seems to be challenged. The class size is good. The fundraising isn't too obnoxious and the library staff (where I volunteer) is awesome. The teachers provide plenty of opportunities to volunteer for parents who work and don't work, there's something for everybody. If I could suggest an improvement, my teacher didn't know much about the gifted program so I didn't feel encouraged to look into it any further. Also, the front office ladies aren't the warmest. They don't look up when you walk into the office so you kind of stand there awkwardly. They also don't ask who you are and what your business is when you ring the doorbell, which is a little shady to me since one could easily bypass the office. Wouldn't they want to know if the person has a child abuse record? I've never been ID'd to pick up my child. Things were better after Newtown when I complained, but it's slipped back into old habits. Despite these oversights, we're really pleased with our son's Kindergarten experience and he seems happy, which is all that matters.

Some teachers are great. Some are not. Our average for 6 years of school is 50/50. The (new) principal is too busy advocating for the teachers and covering for herself that one one really cares for the students...except those exceptional teachers. I must applaud them as must work under extreme conditions.

Last modified W W Gordon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.