Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted February 04, 2016
My daughter is in 2nd grade and has been at Gordon Elementary since Kindergarten. We love the schools and have been lucky to have amazing teachers.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted October 27, 2015
I have not met anyone as of yet. Other parents feel the same way but scared to speak because of their kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted October 27, 2015
SOME are effective, just pray your child get a good one. It really makes a difference.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 27, 2015
The only problem is that, parents is initially teaching the child the materials. Teachers donot have enough time to go over the materials, it's up to the parents.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted October 27, 2015
No words.. i just want other people to know what I have experienced and if they are experiencing this, they are not crazy.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted October 27, 2015
No... the guidance counselor Mrs. Tamborine and the principal avoids you if you have any issues. Once you have an issue, you are labeled as the Problem.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 27, 2015
There is always issue at this school. Lice issues continuously, overall cleanliness and children bringing small weapon to school and everything push under the rug. Principal is worthless, staff is weird... It looks luxurious but your kids better off in a city school.

W W Gordon Elementary School 3

Posted October 27, 2015
My son started Gordon 2010 for kindergarten and I have to say the experience has been so terrible. His teacher had no patience with him, the assistant principal, principal and guidance counselor do not provide feedback when you have issues. Do not be fooled by the good reviews, it is a great school but if you run into a problem there are no resources. I felt like my son was being mistreated by his teacher who said to me in front of the assistant principal she bends over backwards for my son. I thought that was a unprofessional thing to say but everyone I mentioned above did not address that issue so that made the relationship with the teacher, assistant principal, principal and guidance counselor go sour. I wish I could put my son in another school but I cannot because I live in the district. I now have my armor suit on whenever I have to attend this school for my son.

Posted October 26, 2015
Gordon Elementary is a phenomenal school! My daughters are in second grade and Kindergarten and we have had amazing teachers each year. Teachers are patient, intelligent and have a passion for education and making learning fun. The kids love to learn at Gordon!

Posted September 16, 2014
This is our third year at Gordon. My sons are in 2nd and kindergarten! We have had nothing but amazing experiences! The teachers are wonderful, caring and down to earth. My sons 1st grade teacher even came to a basketball game AND a baseball game of his. That's true dedication. The principle, Mrs. Harris, remembered my youngest sons name on orientation day. She had only met him one other time, back in April on at registration. (Orientation was at the end of August!) Gordon is our home away from home! We moved into our neighborhood just to be able to send our kids to Gordon! Amazing school with amazing teachers and staff!

11701 Gordon School Rd., Richmond, VA  23236
Last modified W W Gordon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W W Gordon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top