Richmond, VA

Posted January 10, 2014
We LOVE Providence Elementary school!! This is our son's first year at this school and he just loves it. They have a great office staff that is always willing to help you when you come in. They know who you are when you go in the office as well , which is amazing with all of the parents that they must meet. Communication is awesome also! Which for some, like myself, it is of the utmost importance to me. I like to know that my son is being taken care of. My ONLY concern is the buses...parents need to be called when a bus will be late or even early.

Posted June 21, 2011
When we moved into the area, we sent our children to Providence with a "wait and see" attitude. We just weren't sure what to expect. Two years later, with three children at Providence, we are so pleased. The faculty and staff are wonderful. Each of my children's teachers have been outstanding- and so aware of them personally and academically. I've been impressed....and grateful.

Providence Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2010
As a parent of a Kindergartener I am very happy with Providence. My son's teacher is a real treasure (Mrs. Homer) and I have been happy with almost everything we've been involved with. The office staff are super friendly and helpful. I haven't needed to communicate with the principal or the counselor, so I have no opinion as far as they go. My only complaints are school lunch (it's terrible, but it might be terrible everywhere) and problems with teasing on the bus. Each of those have simple solutions though- pack a lunch and drive my child to school.

Posted April 27, 2010
There seems to be a little mis-leading information on a couple of these reviews. Providence Elementary was not 're-districted' as we know it when Mr. D came to Providence. The ONLY thing that happened was that the county annexxed in the apartments behind COSTCO. No one was moved out of the school district, just new students added. To say it was re-districted is a stretch. He got the same school he agreed to lead. Especially, because the children that were moved came from the school he was leaving and this was known to anyone who kept up with the Chesterfield County re-districting plan. So, giving him a pass for all of the things that go on at Providence is not fair to the children or families that have to attend the school.

Providence Elementary School 3

Posted December 12, 2009
This is my second time around at this school. It's been an 11 year gap. Principal D is an above average principal. He does a lot for his students & parents that people don't know. He sits back, watches & observes quietly. The front staff could be more friendly. Overall - good! The Preschool teachers Mrs. Ashbrook and Mrs. Thomas are the BEST, everyone should try to enroll their kids. They have a geniune love for all children. Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Rakes EXCELLENT! The PTA is a huge clique which is different from my first experience. Its not a lack of parent involvement, bypass PTA its other ways to help. The old PTA use to welcome everyone with open arms it was about family. The PTA is like a group of middle schoolers, if my friend don't like you, I don't like you, so you can't be my friend.

Posted December 12, 2009

Posted November 12, 2009

Posted May 16, 2009
Principal Degaetani is a fantastic principal. You could not ask for a more caring, dedicated, and hardworking principal. He always has the best interest of the children in mind. He truly cares about these children and this school. In response to a previous review, parents in recent years did not leave Providence due to the principal but left because of redistricting. Providence has been blessed by having Mr. Degaetani.

Posted April 28, 2009
Providence is a wonderful school! I was shocked by some of the reviews that were critical about the current principal. He is an excellent principal and person! The staff calls him a silent angel because he does so much for others without getting credit for it. The same time he came to Providence the school was redistricted. This is why some parents decided to move from the area. The staff is incredible at Providence. I used to be a teacher there and was amazed at how dedicated everyone was. I cannot say enough nice things about this school!

Posted March 21, 2009
Very poor teachers, weak administration. Principal not an instructional leader. Many teachers just babysit. We will be sending our kids to a different school next year. Many involved parents have left this school in recent years since the current principal arrived on the scene in 2004.

Providence Elementary School
11001 W. Providence Rd., Richmond, VA  23236
Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top