Bad
Good

I have found getting services for a child with special needs is hard. For one it's hard to get them to admit that your child needs services, so be careful if your child has reading problems since you must seek outside help to really know how low the level is. A school year goes by fast and you will still find yourself talking about receiving help and the years over. You tell me when a reading teacher tells you she never heard of at home after school reading help what does that mean? Its like an insult to my intelligence.

We moved to the area a year ago and our children were fortunate enough to have been assigned to Maybeury Elementary School. We've been extremely happy with the teachers and administration of the school, and feel that our children are receiving an excellent education in a safe and caring environment. There are deficiencies, but in my opinion they are a result of the general shortcomings of our public education system not from the staff at Maybeury.

I have been very underwhelmed with the staff, administration, and education my child revieved at Maybeury. For years he complained of boredom and administation was contacted many times. If your child doesn't fit in their square box of a normal paced average learner you will find it difficult to advocate for your child. They will listen and nod heads with no further action or follow up. They will do everthing within their power to counteract your requests for further assistance and keep the numbers at status quo without your childs best interest and education in their hearts

I have not been impressed with Maybeury Elementary. My son struggles everyday and it is a fight everyday for him to get the help he needs. He has a rare genetic disorder and I feel I (the parent) have been dismissed on knowing what is best for my son. I have not been impressed with the special education department either.

We were lucky enough to have our daughter attend 2nd grade here. Unfortunately, we are being relocated to MD so we can't continue. This school has an excellent administration and staff. They are parent friendly and encourage us to be as involved as we want to be. My daughter's teacher is absolutely amazing and has done so much to figure out how to help my daughter succeed in the classroom individually, as well as socially, as I'm sure she's done for the other students as well. My daughter does have an IEP and is fully integrated into regular classrooms, but I have been impressed as to how closely they follow her progress and come up with new ways to make sure she has a successful year. The PTA here is phenomenal (if a bit clique-y; I say this because I volunteered for a million things that they never asked me to help with in the end , probably because they didn't know me. We were only here a year.). But they do a number of family friendly things throughout the year. A phenomenal neighborhood school that I really wish we didn't have to leave behind.

i loved this school! i am going to miss it so much! i am a fifth-grade graduate and started coming here after my sister in kindergarden. this school challenged me every single year and had fun teachers. i am sad to leave this school but this terrific school guided me to be accepted into the ib program. i also learned how to become a better leader and became an sac representative foe my class 4 out of 5 years.(you can't be one in kindergarden.) no matter if you aren't the smartest kid, you still learn so much. the teachers are one of the best parts in this school, they are so nice and you can't go wrong with any of them. my mom was so connected to all of the ones that i had and so were my friend's moms. BEST SCHOOL EVER! GO MALLARDS!

Having moved from out-of-state and from a private school, we were very pleased with what we found at Maybeury. The teachers took the time to make sure my son was making friends with the other students who have been attending since kindergarten. We found all of the fourth grade teachers to work together well in presenting the curriculum. Any concerns we had were addressed quickly. In all, my son enjoyed his time (if somewhat limited) here. As a parent, I was pleased to find such kind souls and qualified people as teachers. (I would have given this school an 'excellent' but having not come from another public school, I didn't a similar experience to measure it against.)

Maybeury has been an ideal school for our family and our son. He started in Kindergarten and is now finishing up 1st grade. Sadly, we are moving out of the area, so we will not be back to Maybeury next year. We have found the school to be immediately responsive to any concerns that we have had. We started 1st grade with a teacher that was not the best fit for our son. The principal was quick to hear our concerns and assisted us in transitioning our son to another classroom without any backlash or stigma associated. This school offers great access to after-school enrichment programs. I am continually impressed with the learning and positive educational atmosphere that my son experiences. He loves going to school and I credit Maybeury with continuing to enrich his elementary school experience.

Last modified Maybeury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.