Posted May 12, 2014
My school is a great school. The teachers and staff are always helpful. I can't say enough about how great the staff is. I had issues at the beginning of the year with my kindergartener riding the bus. The principal stepped right in. We sat down and discussed options. I told her that I needed help. I felt like another adult on the bus would help my son. She rode the bus 2 days to get off and encourage him to get on the bus. She also encouraged him during the day. It made me realize how much she cared about her students. I could not ask for anything more in a school!!!

Posted March 11, 2014
Good teachers make good schools...and teachers at Longan are very good. I have had 2 kids finish complete k-5 at this school.

Longan Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2013
This seems like a decent school. This is my child's first year and she likes it but I dislike the layout of the school. It might be okay for a middle or a high school but the way it is set up campus-like, anyone can just walk-on and get to any of the classrooms. There isn't even a fence to keep people out and coming from a family with a police background, I have surveyed the area and found at LEAST 2 DOZEN entry points for those not allowed to be on campus. It's enough to want to send my child to another school. This is not a safe thing by ANY means.

Posted January 16, 2012
My daughter is in her second year at Longan Elementary School. Her first year was perfect and we could not have asked for a better Kindergarten teacher. She was absolutely wonderful. In First grade she and myself are having a difficult time adjusting to the new teacher, but she has learned a lot and I believe she is being challenged academically. I could not be more pleased with this school. I find it to be educationally challenging and enjoyable. The front office is the worst part of the school, the ladies in there just do not say hello and barely look up when you enter the office. They really need to work on that as they are the first impression of the school. The diversity of this school is fantastic and I believe my daughter is learning more than just what is in the books as she is able to attend class with people of all different cultures, ethnicities and religions. My daughter is learning a valuable life lesson in accepting others for who they are and being an individual herself. I could not be happier with the progress my daughter has made at this school.

Posted December 08, 2010
We are just delighted with longan! My kids are sad when it is the weekend! The teachers make learning fun and Dr. Hall is the best! We have been wanted to move for years but just can't leave this school! Also a excellent pta! ROAR! Go Lions!

Posted December 23, 2009
This school has been with my family since my son (18) has begun School. Longan is a Excellent school because all my kids have apreciated there help and they are all really smart Go R.C Longan!

Posted August 04, 2009
My sons Karthik and Prashana went to this school for last four years. This is excellent school. Principal, teachers and staff are very friendly and they all knows each student name and parents. Excellent PTA members. My kids really missed this school. I do not know why this school rated 5 in ths web site but this is a excellent school.

Posted April 26, 2009
My son has autism which can at times be difficult. He has progressed in leaps and bounds since he's been there. His teachers and even the principle are very involved with him. He feels like he's part of a family there and that they really care about him. His grades and learning advances prove it.

Posted October 24, 2008
I have been more than satisfied with Longan. My daughter is now in her second year there (1st grade) and I have loved it. The teachers/staff are great, and the principal is so friendly and you will even see him out in the mornings, assisting with the drop off of students. Thank you Longan and all of the wonderful staff!!

Longan Elementary School 0

Posted May 06, 2008
I had a poor experience at this school. The principal was unresponsive to questions and issues I had with regard to the reward and punishment system they used. I heard teachers often raising their voices in harsh tones. Though my child liked her teacher, I'm afraid I was displeased with the overall tone and attitude of the school.

Longan Elementary School
9200 Mapleview Ave, Richmond, VA  23294
Last modified Longan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longan Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top