Ruby F. Carver Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
I have to agree with the post submitted by a parent in March, 2013. Glad to find out there will be another principal coming coming. I extremely hope that he can do something for this school! It is not just the school, it is the parents of the area as well. This used to be a nice area, now since they have included every run down apartment complex in the zone, it has gotten horrible and the admin. is extremely tight lipped to these parents who either come across as threatening or can't communicate due to lack of speaking English. Also too many teachers who need to retire because they refuse to accept that they need to change their teaching approaches.

Posted April 22, 2013
Pretty good, some of the teachers are very rude but others are veryyyyy nice. The pricipal always acts like we're little kindergarteners, and it gets frustrating. my current teacher is sooo awesome there isn't another better one. Just the other ones are totally different

Posted October 11, 2012
Great teachers and staff. My son got an excellent education at Carver. He attended Kg. through 5th grade. The PTA is very active and supportive of the teachers. The principal was available for meetings or phone calls when needed. My husband and I were very pleased with our Carver experience!

Posted October 04, 2012
I'm quite shocked and stunned at how low the ratings are for CARVER... My daughter has been going here for 2 years- transferred from colonial trail and my other daughter just started Kindergarten here.... the least Carver should get is a 10! the staff and principle at this school are amazing, the parents are amazing, everyone works together as such a team for anything that has to do with Carver, we all genuinely love our school, Mrs.Gutkin the principle is an amazing leader as from personal experience she was my 4th grade teacher!!!! so great school spirit here and the fact that my daughter has excelled in every subject each year is a wonderful feeling knowing she is getting a great education, the teachers are so involved with helping the students, it truly is an amazing school! you feel welcomed by everyone the second you walk through the doors... best experience i've had with any school so far!

Ruby F. Carver Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2011
I find it difficult to communicate with my child's teacher. She is unable to use email. She's non-responsive to notes I leave for her. Also, Carver has very limited resources available for dealing with children with advanced reading and math skills.

Posted November 17, 2010
Above average in the way the principal handles the parent concerns. Be aware of the teachers and check their ratings carefully. Overall, Carver has great teachers that truly care about the students. However, one bad apple spoils the lot. There are a few teachers here that need to be reprimanded for their lack of professionalism. As a parent, make certain you check with other parents, check the teacher's results on SOL testing, etc. Do your due diligence.

Posted April 16, 2009
I agree the Carver teacher go the extra mile with the students. They are terrific! I felt very comfortable with my daughter attending there and she is excelling in all subjects.

Posted August 30, 2008
Carver is a great school. It's relatively small and very close-knit. I was sad to see Mr. Cantone leave as principal, but I'm confident Mrs. Gutkin will make her own contributions in time. The teachers have been great so far. My only complaint is that the school does not have a gymnasium. It's designed much like the elementary school I attended, where we used the cafeteria for a gym. I'm not sure why Carver chose to use a 'multi-purpose' room instead, as it isnt' large enough for very many indoor athletic activities. All in all, I'm very pleased and my son has made great friends.

Posted July 13, 2005
My children have only attended carver for 2 yrs but in that time they have done very well. I attribute this to the teachers and all of the staff at carver. The teachers and the principal understand the childrens needs and are always helpful with anything you may need their help on.

Posted August 26, 2003
Mr. Cantone is a perfect principal. He obviously loves the kids and they adore him. The standards are set high for academics, but teachers make learning fun.

Ruby F. Carver Elementary School
1801 Lauderdale Rd, Richmond, VA  23233
Last modified Ruby F. Carver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruby F. Carver Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top