Posted May 14, 2014
Excellent school with experienced teachers . My daughter is in 2nd grade and she likes her teacher very much.

Posted May 13, 2014
Short Pump Elementary is one of the very best elementary schools in all of central Virginia. Smart and caring teachers who challenge the students, while at the same time promoting a safe and bully-free learning environment. An outstanding principal who is leading the school in the right direction. And a terrific staff who work very hard behind the scenes. Short Pump Elementary is a special place and you're lucky if your kids go there!

Posted April 02, 2014
Extremely happy with the quality of academic excellence, teachers and the parents involvement. Overall I am very satisfied that my child goes to the best school. There wasn't any time when any of my concerns went unanswered. They are always there to help you and your child.

Posted June 01, 2013
My two kids went to Short Pump Elementary and I couldn't be happier with the academic challenge, safe environment and fun extracurricular activities offered here.

Posted May 31, 2013
This is a great school. Amazing teachers and incredibly involved parents. Wonderful community to send your kids!

Short Pump Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2013
This school is having all aged teachers with no interest in improving the quality of students..

Short Pump Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Awesome teachers who love learning and love getting the kids excited about learning too.

Posted March 06, 2010
We struggled with the decision between private and public school and now that my son is in the 3rd grade we consider ourselves very lucky to be in this school. The teachers provide a differentiated curriculum and keep the advanced kids challenged. The school welcomes parent involvement and the PTA is wonderful. The Art teacher and PE teacher are fabulous too. The school also offers wonderful programs like the Kids Club. My son absolutely loves the school and we do too.

Posted November 10, 2008
My basis for the five star rating comes now that my son is in middle school. Short Pump provided him with the foundation needed to excell at the next level, which is what I hope each of his educational experiences does. Sometimes, while he was there I felt that there was TOO much emphasis on the SOL (minimum competency test) in the last nine weeks of school. Imagine all of the cool things his teachers could have done in the spring, but it seems that somewhere ther eis a push for a complete review grading period.

Posted March 27, 2008
This school is over the top, in every way. The teachers are excellent, and parent involvement is encouraged. We've been at the school for 3 years & wouldn't change a thing.

Short Pump Elementary School
3425 Pump Rd, Richmond, VA  23233
Last modified Short Pump Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Short Pump Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.