Bad
Good

I was a student at this school from kdg through 5th grade, I can proudly attribute, a deep passion for knowledge, and a profound comprehension ability, SOLEY to my experiencesurprise at this school, and my short year at Pocahontas Middle, the year it opened. Unfortunately after leaving these schools (the area) I did not continue my education. HOWEVER what I learned my short time in THESE schools was enough for a gifted score in all subjects on the GED four years after my last day in Pocahontas. I consider myself almost awkwardly intelligent at times, while I still developed the social skills to be a gifted sales person! This as well as the surrounding schools, I believe may have been the root of everything good in my life. Bless the teachers and staff.

Awesome teachers and we love Principal Hand. We just started kindergarten and we can already see the love my son has for learning.

Excellent school with experienced teachers . My daughter is in 2nd grade and she likes her teacher very much.

Short Pump Elementary is one of the very best elementary schools in all of central Virginia. Smart and caring teachers who challenge the students, while at the same time promoting a safe and bully-free learning environment. An outstanding principal who is leading the school in the right direction. And a terrific staff who work very hard behind the scenes. Short Pump Elementary is a special place and you're lucky if your kids go there!

Extremely happy with the quality of academic excellence, teachers and the parents involvement. Overall I am very satisfied that my child goes to the best school. There wasn't any time when any of my concerns went unanswered. They are always there to help you and your child.

My two kids went to Short Pump Elementary and I couldn't be happier with the academic challenge, safe environment and fun extracurricular activities offered here.

This is a great school. Amazing teachers and incredibly involved parents. Wonderful community to send your kids!

This school is having all aged teachers with no interest in improving the quality of students..

Awesome teachers who love learning and love getting the kids excited about learning too.

We struggled with the decision between private and public school and now that my son is in the 3rd grade we consider ourselves very lucky to be in this school. The teachers provide a differentiated curriculum and keep the advanced kids challenged. The school welcomes parent involvement and the PTA is wonderful. The Art teacher and PE teacher are fabulous too. The school also offers wonderful programs like the Kids Club. My son absolutely loves the school and we do too.

Last modified Short Pump Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.