Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The new principal says one thing to your face and does another. She is all smiles but places unreasonable expectations on the teachers, which is why in 2015, after her first year, over a dozen teachers and staff either left or took early retirement because they couldn't deal with her. It is too bad all the focus is on making money and keeping their accreditation instead of genuinely caring about the needs of the children, parents and staff of the school. I am giving two stars because the teachers are great, even though they are run into the ground.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They are as effective as they can be with the number of restraints placed on them by the county and administration.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework is way too much and the principal makes up the packets instead of the teachers themselves even after the teachers told her they didn't need her to do it.

I really like the school. The staff is great and they do a lot for the kids. My daughter enjoys it very much.

My son attends this school and when you started his K teacher was not kind to him at all. He has aniexty and even though his acedemics were above average the teacher choose to pick on him, which I witness and made his aniexty get worse. He was pulling out his hair and eyebrows. The principal at the time choose to defend her teacher. Currently he has a teacher who is more understanding and he continues to be on honor roll and do well his aniexty is much better but there is still a fight to get him into a gifted class. The current principal is not genuine at all and has not shown herself to be a person who cares. The curriculum tries to be challenging but it's not original and does not allow children to socialize or be creative but they are there to work and keep the school's accreditation

As I Grandmother of 2 in this school, I urge you to please think twice before renting or buying if you children have a 504 or IEP and will be attending this school. During an IEP meeting for one of my grandkids I asked the Speech teacher to review previous mods before we sign off on any changes. She proceeded to roll her eyes ,huff,and shake her head at me. When I said that was uncalled for and unprofessional ,the principal snapped THIS MEETING IS OVER!! During the meeting the principal ignored our concerns,double talked and talked in circles to try and confuse us,to no avail. When my grandchilds teacher tried to step in and explain our concerns ,the principal quickley shut him down and was very rude to him to. They are NOT following the IEP in place, and have a very unprofessional principal and speech teacher. I have delt with numerous henrico county schools, this one is by far our worst experience.

Maude Trevvett is an excellent school with excellent teachers and office staff! The principal there really makes every effort to make the school a place the students want to be. As a parent, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the assemblies based around celebrating the children academically. This school is amazing and has a wonderful upbeat feeling. The teachers are very easy to talk to and willing to listen to (and address) any concerns you have for your student.

I loved Mr. Heatley and all of the teachers are wonderful. I will always have fond memories of Maude Trevvett!

As a staff member at Trevvett I am honored to work with such a wonderful group of people. The teachers and administration strive for excellence and to create a positive educational experience for every child! As our community evolves and grows, our teachers are always working hard to meet their needs and bring out their best.

Trevvett was awful. The students are below average, the teachers try to leave every year, and the academics are negligable.

Last modified Trevvett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.