Varina High School 1

Posted December 15, 2013
Varina needs to start firing teachers that aren't doing their job like they're supposed to. I would give Varina an F in the Chemistry departement. If ya'll just take out the time to look at the Chemistry grades this year, ya'll would totally be shocked, im not the only one whos failing this class, pretty much everybody in all the teacher classes. im very disappointed by this. Why is Varina High School the only high school in Henrico who cant let students switch out classes and switch teachers? Why cant varina switch late like the schools? I cant afford for my gpa to drop my junior year!!! I went from an 3.14 to a 2.9, that's considered bad for me, because i want to either attend George Mason or VCU to to study medicine and pharmacy. im not used to making grades like this!!! >:(

Varina High School 5

Posted August 21, 2013
this school is like home. it may seem a little nerve wrecking at first but you will not make friends like the people here, anywhere else. some of the teachers are hard on you, but I learned so much. for example mrs. greene was crazy, but she taught geometry the best. I love everybody there. everybody is family and I will miss that place while I am gone for a little bit. no school will ever top varina. #varinanation #bluedevilsforlife

Varina High School 5

Posted November 19, 2011
varina high school is the best school i have ever been to i love the atmisphere. being there feels like im siting on a warm beach. varina high school makes me very happy. i love the staff and teachers there they care so much about there students and im very happy to say that i am part of a blue devil family.

Varina High School 3

Posted September 09, 2009
Its getting better this year and its only the 2nd day Maybe since I'm now a sophmore but it feels more organized this year than last year plus we get new Dell laptops since the old ones are well old beaten crap and belive it or not the campuss was not trashed today unlike 1st day of school 2008 it was trashed

Varina High School 4

Posted August 17, 2009
I think that Varina High School is one of the best schools overall in all of Henrico County. The teachers, administrators and staff are are exceptionally creative in finding new and inovative ways to educate the students. It has problems like every other school in the district but I have witnessed it getting better over the past five years in terms of discipline and academics. It desperately needs more parent involvement. The more the parents is involved the better the student will perform. Ask not what Varina can do for you but what you can do for Varina!

Varina High School 1

Posted April 29, 2009
Varina High School is undeniably one of the worst schools in the county and being a former student I would never recommend the school. The campus is unclean despite all the work that different clubs and organizations have done. Countless 'Keep Henrico Beautiful' volunteer work from the NJROTC and the numerous volunteer hours placed from other clubs doesn't even put a dent into the cleanliness of the campus. The administration is too relaxed when it comes to Dress Code, Discipline, Professionalism, and Sanitation. The teachers and administration alike treat the students like friends even when there is a punishment in question. The Lunch Breaks are a joke. Students have the ability to leave campus without the administration knowing and have very little consequences for doing so. The NJROTC and Band are the only good qualities of this school and they are treated horribly and unrecognized as amazing programs.

Varina High School 2

Posted October 27, 2008

Varina High School 3

Posted September 19, 2008

Varina High School 4

Posted September 14, 2008
Having one child graduated from VHS three years ago in the top ten of his class and starting another child this year. I will have a unique veiw of the school because my second child is a special needs. From previsious experience I say you get out what you put in. We had to fight at times to communciate with staff and guide our child through the maze. Like every school there are those who teach and those who draw pay checks. Over all we were pleased with the educational out come of our first child. The school is dated and under going work to up grade it. How it will educate a special needs student is yet to be seen. However I still believe 'junk in junk out', you get what you work for.

Varina High School 2

Posted August 08, 2008
Having gone here for the past 3 years, I'd have to say that Varina is average at best, and getting worse by the year. To begin, the administrative body needs improvement. Their idea of organizing events, and supervising the students is laughable. The principal doesn't really act proffesional, and the teachers themselves, while having the right intentions at heart, don't teach by any properly set guidelines, and are way too lenient about kids breaking the rules. The campus is filthy, and there is a big problem with lack of space. It is too difficult getting to and from class because of how packed the walkways are during break, and this was made much worse during the past year because of construction. Varina really needs to clean itself up. From personal experience, I'd suggest to any parents in Henrico, to consider a school in the west end.

Varina High School
7053 Messer Rd, Richmond, VA  23231
Last modified Varina High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Varina High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top