Richmond, VA
Students enrolled: 1,831

Godwin High School 3

Posted March 05, 2014
I mean...it's not bad. Kind of like leftover pizza. You like it, but you prefer it fresh. Ya dig?

Posted October 26, 2013
my son loves this school.he freshman year one 8 and half weeks he feels very comfortable in this school.Teachers, friends,and higher grade kids help each other so much.People call it school but i think its a small godwin family where every body is lending helping hand to each other .Thank you God for giving me such a great school.

Posted July 27, 2013
Godwin is a really great school to go to. I'm a rising Junior right now, taking multiple APs and honors classes, and I feel ready for them. No, Godwin's not very diverse, but I have never seen someone get bullied, or attacked, and people are really open to "different" people. It's really competitive, and the hallways are crowded, but the kids are friendly and the teachers really want students to learn something. It's a great school to go to, academic and socially!

Posted July 25, 2013
Two of my kids graduated from MG with fabulous educations. No AP grants, no grade inflation like other area schools. No complaints.

Posted June 27, 2013
Godwin is a great school! I am a rising junior--class of 2015. The only bad thing about GHS is it is VERY competitive. Also, it is a huge school--some of the classes have 35 kids in them. It is very easy to feel "lost in the system." Otherwise, Godwin is an amazing school!!

Posted June 22, 2013
I graduated from Godwin in 2009 and this spring I took the next step and graduated from college. I honestly believe that without the solid educational foundation that I built at Godwin, I never would have succeeded to the degree that I did as an undergrad. At Godwin, I took multiple AP classes balanced with varsity sports and was also able to participate in several clubs: I was busy, but content, and by the time I left for college, I had learned how to manage my priorities on a busy schedule. The teachers were phenomenal: they pushed me in all of my classes, but were always willing to provide extra help if I asked for it. I grew into myself at Godwin, and was able to flex my creativity through the artistic license given to me in the classroom, particularly in English and the visual arts. Looking back, high school wasn't a breeze, but I would not trade my experience at Godwin for the world.

Posted February 09, 2010

Godwin High School 1

Posted January 22, 2010

Posted October 15, 2009

Godwin High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
my 4 children have and are going there, it prepares students well for their future endeavors

Godwin High School
2101 Pump Rd, Richmond, VA  23238
Last modified Godwin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Godwin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top