Riner, VA

Auburn Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2013
After a short stay my son has been singled out buy his teacher after talking with her it has not changed very disappointed.

Posted November 26, 2010
Fabulous! Auburn Elementary is the best school in Montgomery County, hands down! The teaching staff is supurb. They have a partnership with Radford University, so there are student teachers and interns in many classrooms, lowering the teacher-student ratio and elevating the level of learning. This is our 3rd year at AES, and my love for this school just keeps growing. My oldest child was identified as a gifted learner in kindergarten. The gifted resource teacher is wonderful; she pulls the kids out of class for "mind stretching" activities, working on projects and engaging their deeper thinking skills. It's not just about how much material, extra worksheets, and how fast she can move them along. She also works closely with the classroom teacher, tailoring the curriculum to each child's needs. Much of the work they do in the classroom is very specific to each child and his/her individual abilities. Small guided reading groups, writers workshop, and math lessons meet each child where they are, and takes them forward; this works for every ability! I can't say enough good about this school...you must come check it out for yourself!

Posted October 13, 2010
I love Auburn Elementary School first and foremost because my children attend there. Auburn is a smaller school and doesn't have a lot of funding for materials they lack and very much need. This school has a great staff and a great attitiude toward learning. They work with the materials and equipment they have and make the best educational setting for our children. Auburn Elementary School could really use this money to get more materials and equipment that they need to make our children's school day brighter and more enjoyable.

Posted October 13, 2010
It is the best school ever! The teachers are amazing and so caring and they all go the extra 10 miles to help your child do their best!

Auburn Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2010
This school did NOT meet our expectations. My son is very bright, and we established with the teacher at the beginning of school that he would need more challenging assignments due to his knowledge entering school. We were met with great resistance by the teacher who continually promised to give him more engaging assignments, but rarely delivered, despite my son's contant complaints of boredom. The school is very good if your child is below or at average standards of learning, but if your child is above average, they are left on their own with virtual busy work to allow the teachers to work with the remedial groups. Therefore, their knowledge is not progressed, but merely stagnates. We may not return next year due to this lack of effort for higher ability children. That said, the art, music, and PE teachers are great.

Posted May 06, 2010
My niece and nephew go to this school! They are great kids and you are doing a great job.

Posted July 20, 2009
I have multiple children in AES for a couple years now and have found the staff and teachers WONDERFUL! My kids have learned a LOT, they have been treated well and with respect, students are expected and rewarded for character development, test scores are quite good, Questions are answered, teachers welcome active support from parents through a variety of volunteering opportunities, community involvement is welcomed, plant and facilities are quite good (two nice playgrounds, athletic fields, outdoor areas, dedicated dining facility separate from the gymnasium, clean and kept up), and MANY after school events sponsored by these AMAZING and loving teachers. I know my kids are in good hands during the day.

Posted January 01, 2008

Posted April 13, 2007
Great school! My child went to auburn and we loved it. Her teacher was always keeping parents up to date with news letters and there was a lot of extra activities for the children such as literacy nights, fall festivals, spring carnivals, lots of fun stuff in general. I feel my child's education was top of the line at auburn e. Also it's great to have before and after school programs for the children of working parents.

Auburn Elementary School
4315 Riner Rd, Riner, VA  24149
Last modified Auburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Auburn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top